1 Like

This one’s for @Al1885

1 Like

Omg. Thanks @joergkutter

Two of my favorite gals.

1 Like

Hope they release a whole album together… :smile:

1 Like

In case you would like to have your own little “Ratatata” moment with Herbie the Love Bass

BABYMETAL-and-Electric-Callboy_RATATATA_v1_1_DD_p (1).pdf (446.2 KB)

Some nice BB action, can’t make out the model (looks like a BB1024x), but sounds great.

:heart: Envy, so good.

1 Like

I know right? I learned that ratatata is a word, which is onomatopoeia for house beat this week. I might have my ratatatata moment if I had a bass to tune to drop C lol

1 Like

This just popped up on my YouTube feed.

3 Likes

Since I got the fretless beatle bass properly setup, I’ve become a little obsessed with the original version of this song, playing it on the fretless several times a day. Focusing not only on getting more precise with my intonation, but also how best to serve the song as a whole with dynamics and emotion.

The music on the page looks so simple, and easy. But that simplicity creates a lot of room for creative expression.

Just found this version today, and think it will make a great play-along version, for all the elements I wanna work on.

2 Likes

New band discovery today and very happy so far. I think they might be from France (edit: verified, from near Paris.)

You could have told me both songs were Sonic Youth and I would have believed you. Well, ok the accents are a giveaway but these guys seem just that good so far.

@terb have you heard them?

1 Like

No I don’t know them. Listening to them right now.

They are from Rouen which is not so close to Paris (140 km)

1 Like

I like the band name, the grunge approach, but I really don’t like the female singer.

1 Like

I could see that. The way she sings reminds me a lot of a lot of bands I saw around that time.

Ahh. The band info thing I saw said “near Paris” and yeah, 140km is not so near :rofl:

Both of these make a lot of sense lol

1 Like

Yeah no lies detected :rofl:

In Colorado 140km isn’t so far, either.

3 Likes

Which formula did you use for miles conversion? :slight_smile:

1 Like

there’s a part of the state I am from where 140km would be roughly “two ranches over that way.”

One county down there is 26,000 square kilometers with about 7000 people, most living in one town. The rest is big ranches and agriculture.

I never went down to that part of the state much :slight_smile:

1 Like