What are you sipping?

He was part of one of a great underrated band called “Dragon”
If you haven’t heard any of their music, you should check them out :+1:

5 Likes

Here is one of their songs

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Living in Scotland I have to include whisky and my favourite two are Edradour and Bunnahabhain

But really I’m a wine man (I have far too many wines ageing at home!) and mostly old world. My favourites would be:
Bordeaux (Margaux and Moulis)
Rhone (Cote-Rotie and Hermitage)
Italy (Chianti Rufina, Valpolicella Ripasso)
Spain (Ribero del Duero and, of course, Rioja)
And as an outlier; Chateau Musar from Lebanon

Oh and very much tea not coffee. Where favourites tend to be Darjeeling and Nepalese.

5 Likes

I’m first and foremost a lifelong wine guy. I love all your wine picks, except for the Lebanese as I’ve never had the pleasure of tasting any. Yet. :wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass::wine_glass:

7 Likes

Musar is an…interesting wine. Us Brits might call it a marmite wine; you either love it or hate it. it can be quite funky with a bit of VA. You know how some people say 30 mins or an hour or even a couple of hours open (or decanted) before pouring? Well a lot of Musar drinker recommend 24 hours open! I generally try to open midday for drinking in the evening! It is generally only released around at least 7 years old and I’m still drinking the 1999s. There are some other great wines from there such as Ixsir, Massaya and, the oldest, Chateau Ksara. they mostly all date from the days of the French occupation.

5 Likes

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

Coffee is my cup of tea!

Nothing better than Cappuccino that is pimped with a triple Espresso and loooooooooooooooots of caramel!

7 Likes

I agree with the tea, mine is oolong fermosa from Braithweights in Dundee.

Where are you from highland? I’m Abernethy.

2 Likes

Sometimes, not all the time :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve been know to indulge on occasion…

7 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

I have a Formosa Gunpowder tea which is an oolong style of tea and probably my favourite sort of green tea. But I do drink several green and white teas as well :rofl: this is where I get them:

Good, not the best, but no too expensive!

I’m in a village called Garve on the Ullapool road north out of Inverness. But I should warn you I’m a white settler :rofl: . Moved up from England some 28 years ago.

Cheers
Mike

4 Likes

Love the knuckleduster mug handle! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m quite partial to a’Bunabh myself! :smiley:

3 Likes

I use it when the coffee doesn’t knock me of my socks!

3 Likes

Stunning part of the world, that’s ok I have the weird position of two Scottish parents but I was born in co Durham so have an ‘english’ accent.

My blood does allow me to be a daily kilt wearer though which is a rare thing even in our part of the world.

9 Likes

I feel like a bit of an imposter if I where a kilt but I believe I am entitled to wear the Kennedy tartan, as one part of the my family, Kennedys, came from relatively near where I am now I believe, before going to New Zealand when it was first colonised.

2 Likes

Yeah - that’s the way! You’re the coolest!!!

This is one of many reasons, I like the Scots. I wish that us Dutch would have the same “fashion”, but we are stuck to walking on “Klompen”…

I would not leave my house without a kilt, if I were a Scot.

download

6 Likes