What are you sipping?

I’m new here so don’t know if this has been done before but hey, gotta be in it to win it!

I live in Scotland, have a back yard whisky bar(naturally) so how about, on a Saturday we show what our tipple of the evening is. .

I’ll go first.

12 Likes

There have many mentions of favorite libations of forum members. Search for whisky, whiskey, Scotch, etc.

Regardless, set 'em up, barkeep!

I prefer Tennessee whisky most of the time, specifically, George Dickel Single Barrel Aged 15 Years Tennessee Whisky.

For Scotch, it varies. But, lately, I’ve been digging The Macallan 12 Year Double Cask.

Wine du jour is Ropiteau Bourgogne Pinot Noir.

Longtime fave is any great Barolo.

Cheers!

8 Likes

AHH Barolo!! And The Macallan is a great choice.

Yeah, I should have checked the search engine. My bad.

4 Likes

When I was still drinking, The Macallan would be a solid choice but really for scotch I only ever went to Laphroaig. Then again, if I was ever drinking hard alcohol (rare) it would have been bourbon (probably Bookers or Knob Creek) or rye (definitely Basil Hayden), or a rare vodka martini.

I was much more about beer; I blame being from Portland there. Usually porters and stouts but also lagers. McMenamin’s Terminator Stout is probably my favorite beverage man has yet created. Ales not as much but still loved a good Märtzen.

These days? Well right now I am sipping Genmaicha :rofl:

10 Likes

Ah, suds! I’ll drink to that!

Specifically, this is my daily driver:

4 Likes

8.5%, not bad, almost Belgian :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s delicious! And it packs some power under the kilt, so to speak. :wink:

4 Likes

Scotch ale is good. My go-tos are barrel aged stouts though. Or any big stout. Delicious. Dogfish head world wide stout, founders KBS, oskar blues ten fidy, etc. If not them, then an IPA. Bells Two hearted is a good one…

Now I’m thirsty.

4 Likes

not much of a drinker but when i do drink, its bourbon. my all time fave is Colonel EH Taylor:

shopping

but i had an old fashioned a couple of years back using Templeton Rye and whoooo boy that was really good for something not very expensive:

but the REAL answer to the question is: i have a very nice espresso machine and grinder coming my way this week so i will be sipping mostly cortados & flat whites.

8 Likes

While I love a good glass of bourbon, my love is ultimate with Tiki drinks. Getting ready to mix myself either a Zombie or a “3 Dots and a Dash”.

Although I could really go for a painkiller considering how my back is feeling but I’m out of pineapple juice at the moment.

4 Likes

Sounds amazing

3 Likes

I’m normally a gin guy, but got a hair up my butt while my wife and I were out today and picked up a pear cider. Haven’t had one in at least 10 years.

6 Likes

Cider is great, especially draft on a hot day.

4 Likes

Tetley tea in a proper sized cup :wink:

7 Likes

I sneaked a sip or two every now and then. It’s the elixir of life, :joy: Kam-Pei oh for @howard then it’s Kan Pei.

6 Likes

I love vinegar drinks, usually kurozu in fruit juice or soda water

4 Likes

A nice Fowles Shiraz

7 Likes

Love Shiraz. :wine_glass:

6 Likes

It’s a local wine from the Nagambie region just north of Melbourne :+1:

5 Likes

I’ve shared a few bottles of Shiraz with Tommy Emmanuel, a fellow countryman of yours, arguably the king of acoustic steel string guitar.

5 Likes