What are your short and long-term goals?

Keep playing @Never2Late

I started the course, had surgery, got totally derailed, and took a hiatus. I restarted the course and doing fine, picked up things that went past me first time through. I wan skills to play with people and this is the ticket.

Each of us has their own journey, and it’s a fun one

2 Likes

At the end of B2B i ended up taking a very long pause, more than 6 months.
I found my way back with a vengence.
Life’s path is rarely a straight line.

5 Likes

It’s more like a tangled ball of yarn :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

How did you find this course?

Must be an age thing. :rofl:

All you young whipper snappers and your shortforms.
Can you please tell me what NIB stands for?

1 Like

This 72 year old “young whipper snapper” has the answer… :smiley_cat:

Nativity in Black. It’s a song by Black Sabbath

4 Likes

Thank you @PamPurrs

1 Like

It stands for “nib”. Bill Ward had a tiny beard they called a nib, and they named the song for it. The Nativity in Black is a smokescreen

2 Likes

Short term, read music better.
Mid term, be able to play by feel and sounds rather than constantly watching my fretting hand.
Long term, play well enough that i am happy with it. Play the things that make me happy.

Simple guy, simple plan.
Learn to play, play a lot, have fun.

1 Like

Short And Long Term Goals

Work on my timing , find a drummer that offers patience for a rookie like myself , and broadcast some sexy greasy funk riffs

Cheers

2 Likes

I got so sidelined by COVID I am, for the short term, going to re-start the course and commit to a lesson everyday. I had made it to Module 8 Lesson 5 but really need to restart everything. COVID gave me a brain fog that has yet to totally dissipate. So I think, since getting my new Ibanez, I am going to recommit myself and just start over. I hope the brain fog is something I can work through. For long term, I want to be able to play praise and worship music at my church with a guy that plays guitar and is a great singer. Our church needs it as we have a lot of elderly people that would love to hear good old time hymns.

1 Like

This sounds like an excellent plan!

1 Like

I got sidetracked by life and things so I think I will do the same thing, a lesson a day.

2 Likes

The early lessons are easy but if I stick with it my proficiency should sky rocket by time I get back to where I was. I have to work through this continuing brain fog but tonight’s lesson was very enjoyable.

1 Like

It must be something in the air or time of year or whatever, so many people are fumphering (yeah, its a word) around right now.
I too have been spinning my wheels a bit on what to work on next, what to cover.
Everything seems like dead ends.
I keep starting a cover tune then saying … “meh” and moving on.
Not sure what I am looking for.
So, committed myself tonight…
I sat down tonight and did another Rich Brown lesson on pentatonic patterns.
His lessons are about 20 min long, but I pause them a lot to take notes and work on the thing he is talking about. No visual aids, which, I actually like, makes you think through what is happening.

I think the winter blues have set into the bass world here.
Don’t give up, ever forward!
we can do it
Hoping working on his stuff gives me some inspiration.

2 Likes

This is a shot of some of my equipment. You see my Ibanez SR300, the Vintage VJ74 Reissue and my LTD B50 FM as well as my Dean Acoustic. My amps are the Eden with Ashdown cab connected to the Boss GT1B, the Ampeg B108 connected to the Zoom B1 (I use it for the drum rhythm’s and metronome). Also pictured are my Gallien Kreuger Backline 115 and my old Peavey Basic 112. I got to get better to justify all of this crap, brain fog or not.

. Forgive the dinosaur in the pic. Grandsons toy!

5 Likes

Bassosaurus always welcome

5 Likes

Short term - Practice everyday and enjoy it.
Long term - learn about music theory and understand it . Maybe be able to play with my son and his drummer in between their tours and recording, some day . Mostly just enjoy it .

2 Likes

Looking into getting a newer amp . How do you find the ampeg 108? Sound and tone wise?

1 Like

Short term- make more time for practice.
Long term - continue learning and perfecting moving up and down the fretboard with a little more ease. Finally to upgrade all of my bass equipment.