What bass are you buying next?

My profile pic suggests a “YES” :slight_smile: Good choice, @Barney
I have a Sandberg California II VM4 Nighthawk on order… Have been waiting for months. It’s due on Oct 10th.

4 Likes

Wise choice

I’ve started playing in a fledgling band, and currently just have a Classic Vibe P-Bass. I’ve been spending a fair bit of money on pedals lately, so I can get quite a good range of tones with it (it’s got round wounds on it), but part of me wonders if I should have spent that pedal money on a second bass instead. Quite fancy putting flats on the P-Bass and getting either a Classic Vibe Jazz (or similar) or a Sterling Ray4, with round wounds for a different tone from the P.

2 Likes

Give the Squier Paranormal Jazz a look. Could be Squier’s best bass

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard good things, but I just don’t like the look of them. :slight_smile:
Really like the look of the Rays though. Not that aesthetics is everything, but…

They have a more traditional model, but if you don’t like it that’s cool. Looks do matter.

Para

I’m not a Ray fan yet, but by all accounts they’re well made.

2 Likes

Maybe I just need to look at them some more :slight_smile:

Why only two knobs?

There’s 4 knobs actually; each set of knobs is stacked. A volume and tone control for each pickup. I really like that feature, I play with it a lot on mine, getting the right sound out of each pickup.

1 Like

this goves a better look at the knobs from one of last years models

2 Likes

That pickguard right up the horn though :unamused:

May not be your cup of tea, but a very classic look. Here’s a 1953 bass

2 Likes

Fair enough!

1 Like

This could be nr. 4 in my small collection, Yamaha BB735A

6 Likes

I highly recommend it, really high quality and sound, easily will match or beat a MIA Fender at half the price. Really well made bass.

2 Likes

11 months since my last bass purchase… still itching for that one :grimacing:

9 Likes

I noticed recently that the surveyors had a big price hike over here. circa 10%-12%.

It might be worth trying to lock in a price if you’re definitely going to go for it.

That rainbow crackle is a great new colour option. :rainbow::sunglasses: :rainbow:

1 Like

I’ve got it on preorder to lock in the price. Good advice :+1:

Now that my rack is full, probably time to look at my pedal board. Really all I’ve got is a Korg tuner and a compression pedal. A preamp for my passive basses might be nice

2 Likes

I use this. It’s the only pedal I need other than my tuner.

3 Likes

not anytime soon but my next bass will be (probably) the duff bass or some p with a j neck

3 Likes

I may be in trouble. After my declaration that my jazz and p-bass are all I need, I ran across this Pink custom Stingray(ish) thing

2 Likes