What bass are you buying next?

For musical instruments, other than selling them and buying new ones, I use an app called Acorns (may have posted about this prior).
Acorns links to any credit or debit cards and rounds up the change to the nearest dollar and tosses it into an investment account. It’s really more geared towards milennials saving for the future but to me it is an un-noticable trickle of change into an account. You can also sweeten it with a certain amount each week/month/whatever if you like. I try not to look in it long enough to completely forget about it and then when I want something poke my head in to see what’s sitting there. Over the years of using it I have pulled out over $5,000 of unnoticed change and interest.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea @John_E

1 Like

I like Shell pink lol

3 Likes

That looks awesome.
I am always skeptical of these off brand builds.
I don’t know if I could buy one without going over it from stem to stern.

1 Like

This is on it’s way to me. I got it slightly used for $100 off retail.
Hofner Club Bass Pro Edition Metallic Red HI-CB-PE-RD - Used (proaudiostar.com)

6 Likes

Very nice. I like the look of that bass

1 Like

Oh that looks really good in RED!

1 Like

Thanks! I have been jonesing for a black Hofner Club, but then realized I keep buying black basses and it’s time for something different.
The bass I used for the B2B course was a red Yamaha BB235, so this is kind of a throwback.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time sorting out color for a five string.
Part of me says white as I have nothing white, part of me says go nuts on an oddball color like orange or purple.
So many choices, sigh.

1 Like

Those actually sound interesting…

6 Likes

You travel more than I do. Are you going to be in Chile soon? :grin: Because that’s where it’s located. That puts it in the “Fun, but NOT happening!” category. Oh well.
There’s also a shop in Brussels that has a boatload of lefty Fender Custom Shop basses.
Damn you Illuminati, Trilateral Commission, and global bass trade conspiracy! Just keepin’ a poor boy in North Carolina down!

1 Like

4 Likes

HAHA, no.
I’ve been grounded for almost 2 years, and my first THREE trips are all to Austin, Indiana. That’s it for the year.
The only good thing about Austin, Indiana is that its in driving distance to the one and only Sweetwater showroom/store/extravaganza. So trip #2 out there has an extra day for me.

3 Likes

Yeah, try talking to Dingwall about a custom left handed Lee Sklar signature edition. They won’t even answer the emails :triumph:

2 Likes

I was just talking to the guy I got my amp from who is also a Dingwall dealer.
He said Dingwall has had to cut way way back during the pandemic on colors/options, etc.
Over half of what their website has is not available anymore.
NGs are only in 4 colors now, that’s it, etc.

And yeah, that Brussels bass shop has a LOT of cool stuff, but alas that is not on the way to Indiana either.

3 Likes

Pshhtt! If you’re flying Delta, you’ll have a layover in Atlanta. You could make Brussels work.

Old southern joke: when you die and go to heaven, you’ll have at least a three hour layover in Atlanta :grinning:
Have fun at Sweetwater. That’s about like visiting Mecca, right?

3 Likes

Last time I was in Atlanta, it was sitting on the tarmac for an hour and a half. I can relate.

1 Like

This is my every trip home from Plano/Dallas, TX.
Every single time.

2 Likes

Oh no sir, I’m an American man.
Was Concierge Key for a bit too