What bass are you buying next?

Damn thats nice

Just order my Schecter GT5 bass today.

9 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ve played a GT4,; theyā€™re nice basses

2 Likes

I had a Schecter years ago and sold it. Iā€™ve had sellerā€™s remorse ever since. I had to grab another. This one isnā€™t getting away.

2 Likes

Never met a purple bass that wasnā€™t awesome.

1 Like

It definitely caught my eye, and its my daughters favorite color. Made it seem like i almost HAD to buy it.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of buying a cheap short scale for about Ā£80.

I totally love the color.

1 Like

Either a cheap u-bass, a cheap Krappy Guitars 3 string fretless, or an Epiphone Embassy Proā€¦or I might swap the pickups on my P-Bass with some Geezers

@Wombat-metal - do you happen to know how much these weigh?

I can make a good guess, in the 9-10 pound range. They make 87s in a black or white model normally; the Rainbow Crackle is a limited run finish. The 87s in black or white I have seen have been 9 or 10 pounds.

2 Likes

Ooof. So, heavy then. Bummer!

1 Like

Thanks for that. Yeah - a bit heavy for me, unfortunately. They look awesome.

Not worried about it. I put a Kliq strap with the air pockets on my Sire, which weighs more, and it doesnā€™t bother me.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the process of saving up some money for a Jazz bass. I played a fender player j bass at my local GC and I quite enjoyed it. Iā€™m really curious though if there is a better J bass thats 1000 bucks or under as that is the budget I am going to be working with

1 Like

Better is a tough term, of course. You would need to figure in such aspects as brand recognition, brand loyalty and re-sell value, if those are important for youā€¦ (there are some other threads in here that discuss some of these issues).

However, if the one you tried was enjoyable to play that should be a major criterion towards your decision.

But, if you want to look for options, personally I would go for one of these in this price range:

I think someone else in here mentioned them before and they are not only beautiful, but get good reviews for build quality, sound and playability.

4 Likes

now accepting donations towards the purchase of ā€¦

it has my attention :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, my next bass will be a Peavey Milestone BXP in P-bass config. Thereā€™s one on Reverb right now, and itā€™s calling out to me. I have a JJ and itā€™s absolutely fantabulous. I had a Ray4, and @T_dub will kill me, but I didnā€™t find it nearly as playable as the JJ Peavey, despite a similar neck profile. Itā€™s a dream really, and easily the best quality bass Iā€™ve had (4 so far). that said, I love that P bass thump, and if/when I buy one, itā€™ll get Geezers (I have a P thatā€™s getting Steve Harris pups).

1 Like

Short answer. Yes!
Squier. And used is even better!
This also gives you a Fender platform to upgrade anything you dislike (pickups, etc) and still be less than the player series.

I have both Squier and MIM Fenders and see no quality difference.

We can all help you navigate the used market. But Squiers are usually quite plentiful (MIM Fenders too for less than new).
Oh the 15 bases I have, 10 are used.

2 Likes

I need to stop reading these threads

6 Likes