What bass lines do you love to play?

Gay Elvis? WTF, get out of here

2 Likes

I fell in love with Torge, he was just so sweet and innocent, but so loyal, and did anything Johnny wanted him to.

2 Likes

Great series. Loved it.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1:

I love it so much, every time I turn somebody onto it, and they think, “how good could it be”, I end up watching the whole show with them again, and then are never disappointed.

There is a show of the Trailer Park Boys go to Europe, and then end up having to go to Jan’s house (who is gay and cross dressed, maybe for the show or not, and his partner is that short biker from the show.
It is hilarious, cuz the short biker thinks the trailer park boys are hitting on Jan in women’s clothing, and he goes ape shit and chases them out of the house with a knife.
Then follows them to the Icebar in Oslo or wherever it was, and makes a huge scene, knocks Rickey Outland gets them thrown out of the ice bar.
It was really funny, you don’t really have to be a fan of the trailer park boys to enjoy that episode, if you know the characters from Lillyhammer.

3 Likes

It cancels out, bubs!

1 Like

It’s all water under the fridge now, isn’t it? Im not one to say a-toad-aso. But a-toad-aso, a-fu(&!n-toad-aso.

1 Like

Today it’s creep by radiohead because after almost a year i still stink. I’m just learning it today. Played with it for like 40 minutes.
Unfortunately, im afflicted with a pretty serious case of c.r.s.-so if i don’t have it up on a display remembering anything beyond really simple phrases doesn’t happen.

So each day, I’ll pick something that i think is interesting and try to learn some of it. As for how it makes a person as a player? Probably don’t help much. But i never did this to get famous. It was just for me.

4 Likes

Idk if I have to learn that one, I fit the bill pretty good

2 Likes

Uh, i needed a theme song.

2 Likes

I ended up starting it over again with my roomate who never saw it.
We are part way thru season 2 of 3.

1 Like

@autumnsdad1990 What is CRS?

1 Like

Can’t remember sh!t

1 Like

Root Down by The Beastie Boys

Its a finger burner, very god for building strength and endurance.
Its pretty much the same thing all the way thru with a few change up fills or repeated lines instead of playing the next line. But yeah, play this thru the whole song, even if you miss most of the changes and don’t play change up fills right but just stick to jamming with the track, using the main riff, and your wrists will be burning by the end.
I certainly use it for strength and endurance, plus it is catchy as all hell

https://youtu.be/Xf1YF_MH1xc

5 Likes

@T_dub , you always inspire me with the playing of the music i was into. You sure we ve not got common ancestor?

3 Likes

Check out the original by Jimmy Smith that Beastie Boys sampled. Wilton Felder killing it on the Bass.

5 Likes

Oh hells yes! Was never into the Beastie Boys at all, but Jimmy Smith? Yes, yes, yes!

7 Likes

It is very possible, especially after seeing you, you could walk into one of my family holiday’s, grab a plate, sit down and start talking and you would be treated as one of us, so it is possible, that deep down you are.

that is very sick, and even more so a finger burner than the cover the Beastie boys did.

The Beastie Boys were true music lovers of all genre’s, and they drew influence from so many directions, I play songs in my care and people are "Who the hell is this, WTF kind of African stuff are. you listening to.
I be like “Shambala” by The Beastie Boys. They they go, WTF, huh, it is kind of cool.
Next time we in the car they want to hear more Beasties, but the exotic sihit

6 Likes

It would be an honor if i had the opportunity, toby.

3 Likes

Oh, hell know, how can you not be into them at all when they are all up inside you all the time??

Kidding, but you saying that, but loving songs they obviously love and not only covered, but brought it to a stage to perform live in front of near 100K give or take 20 to 25k people at some festival, makes me think, maybe you don’t know enough beastie boys, and may need to be turned onto more of them. Not necessarily their money maker “Licensed to Ill”. Brilliant in many ways, a classic that stands the test of time, it is a very one dimensional album.
Paul’s Boutique was the album that showed the world what you can do with sampling. Even tho it was brilliant for that reason, and was another awesome album, I still was never the biggest fan of sampling.

As much as I love those two albums, , along with “Some Old Bull Shit”, “Aglio E Olio”, and later on released hardcore new. York punk rock, it was the later albums where they started picking back up their instruments and playing where I really took a shine to them. After Paul’s Boutique, and the sample / copyright vs fair use laws were not as rock solid as they are now, and possibly we have that album to thank for what they are today.

So later on, when they wanted to sample a guitar riff, or a bass line, or a drum beat, they played them with their own instruments, and changed them up just enough that they were not note for note the same, and made their own samples that nobody could come and claim were there’s like the do all over You Tube and other steaming sites now a days.
So you definitely want to check out “Check Your Head” and “Ill Communications”
Please go in with an open mind, cuz while Root Down might be the 4th song, you might get a very punk rock next song, and a highly distorted hip hop following it by more instrumentals reminding you of Africa, or the Caribbean. the first 2-3 songs, very hip hop of course, but in a fashion that doesn’t put anybody first or anybody last, not about winning or losing, just abut life, and how to deal thru it.
Not only that, but with instruments in their hands more and more, they started writing much different stuff, some slow and funky with soul and jazz, or Africans, other more fusion, and other stuff more rocky and punk and hip and a lot more, no, I mean WAY more artistic creativity then they were ever given enough credit for.

Did they draw from many influences, yes, did they use songs, and change them up to make their own cover from already awesome tunes, yes, and hell yes, but many bands do that. Not that many do it with zero idea how the fans and music industry will react, nor care.

They were all good at their instruments, however, most of them were multi instrumentalists.

3 Likes

The honor would be ours,

3 Likes