What CHAIR do you guys/gals use?

Yeah I know - weird topic. I have a drummers chair …i don’t remember the name of it, it has a small back support - it was expensive, but it just isn’t cutting it.

I have semi-fused 3 vertebrae in the lower back - albeit it doesn’t cause me MUCH grief …until I am doing something stupid (when I think this 53yr old is 20 still).

…but for periods longer than a half hour of playing and sitting I start to squirm and get distracted. Standing and playing is OUT for me too unfortunately.

Any tips or pix would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! my chair sucks. I would recommend one that has no armrests, or foldable ones.

3 Likes

I use a drum throne.

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I invested in a leather SoundSeat 20 years ago. Built like a tank and great workmanship.

They definitely ain’t cheap, but they are perfect for practicing or playing.

Oh, and my office manager (Ragdoll cat) loves it, too.

2 Likes

This is what I use when I play drums. It’s adjustable height and has a gas shock. It’s quite comfortable and you can also purchase a back for it for another $70.

1 Like

3 Likes

I have this gator frameworks chair and…it sucks DO NOT BUY if you see one!
It is a fold up chair, but in a major design flaw the back leg does not lock, so if you lean slightly forward with a bass guitar, the weight pitches the chair forward the rear leg slips and it does a bucking bronco kick which slams your lower back into the chair

On the bright side for me it turns out I never ever play sitting down so dont need a seat anyway…now I use it to hang my bass when Im playing and need to put down my bass to adjust something on the computer or amp (and I also throw clothes over the seat) so not a total loss :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I just use my office chair. Works fine. Was free (work paid for it during the pandemic.) No complaints except maybe that they were out of Aerons so it’s not an Aeron.

2 Likes

I use an Ikea office chair and unscrewed the armrests. It kinda works, but feels too low at times, and doesn’t go very high. Have you tried looking at bar stools with back rests?

1 Like

I used the drummer throne for a short spell. I have a really nice Roland with backrest but what makes it so goo as a drum throne makes me nervous using that in my shed. The rubber feet are so grippy and the throne is so well weighted it doesn’t give. I tripped on the feet a few times and almost send one bass into another so I just change it. Now I’m on a padded version of a piano bench. Much better suited for me in a tight space, lol

1 Like

Mine does too. I’m still trying to figure out what I need. I went to my father’s house and sat on a love seat-- interestingly enough I found I could sit the bass comfortably on my thigh. Can’t do that at home.

1 Like

This is what I use. I have a Hayworth. It’s ok, but not the greatest.

1 Like

That bass looks awesome.

1 Like

Looks like an AI-imagined fever dream version of what a bass is. :laughing:

3 Likes

Midjourneys finest effort.
The Bass looks the part, but I’m not sure about the integrity of the neck.
Or the left foot for that matter. :rofl:

It produced some really odd results when I asked it to include a Bass Buzz sign in the background.

2 Likes

I’d say a drum stool is probably a bit too low… How about something like this:

1 Like

I got one of these a while back but it must have been on a deal because I only paid £35 for it. It’s bar stool height and some reviews say it’s too high. It is a bit of a perch rather than seat but I’m tall so that was okay. Padding’s not brilliant though; an hour’s practise results in a numb bum! I actually like it though as it’s pretty similar stance and guitar position as when standing. When I’m learning on the pc I use an office chair with the arms removed jacked to full height which also works well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JBYV0WI?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

Yeah this is similar to the chair I have - same company…I wish I had got the higher one …it wasn’t cheap - especially in Canadian dollars lol…thanks for the input

2 Likes

Thanks for that info! Hopefully it gets reviews from honest people like you. Cheers

1 Like