What color pickguard?

I think the black looks sweet

2 Likes

Black does look nice, but I get the desire to mod it and make it your own

3 Likes

I’m a creative director, I routinely live in Photoshop as I create graphics for the client videos and animations I produce.

Regarding all the various suggestions, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And mine is: I’d go with the Dark Red Pearl or the Faux Tortoise. I chose the Faux Tortoise over traditional tort because it was just different enough from tort due to the flame it has in it.

Whether to mod or not to mod is up to you. I was just curious to see how various pickguards would actually look on your bass. Note: I simulated the open shade where the photo of your bass was taken so the color density of each guard would be more or less accurate.

5 Likes

I have to admit the Dark Red Pearl combo doesn’t look bad.

2 Likes

It looks pretty custom to me.

It makes the chrome hardware on the bass pop, while it also complements the black of the pup.

2 Likes

Here’s a zoomed in comp. Not as in focus as the original photo, but it shows the contrast with the body. Makes the bass more showy, for sure.

5 Likes

Can we see one with black pearloid?

3 Likes

Here you go.

Same caveat as before: The image is pixelating as I enlarge it, but it shows more contrast between the pickguard and the body than the smaller original image.

4 Likes

Hey @Bassbot looks like @Mike_NL has been hacked :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

WTF?

Oh, I hadn’t seen the summoning of Bassbot. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So with you here.

2 Likes

Tort bad.

4 Likes

Puttin on the ritz

4 Likes

:rofl:

I like the dark red pearl, but I think the red on the guard doesn’t mesh with the red on the bass. I put it on a silver bass and it makes everything pop. Can we compromise on @JustTim’s bass? What is the next owner going to like? What will @JustTim like when he buys it back?

11 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

I will be honest, I like me some Tort on some basses… Especially on vintage black or cream.

2 Likes

Ouch! I thought that but didn’t type that!!

2 Likes

You’re right, the two reds aren’t a direct match. But this is only a comp. The color temperature of open shade under a blue sky has a bluish cast to it, which will make the colors in a photo look bluer than they actually are.

And the photo or render of the pickguard was either shot indoors (likely) or was output from CGI, so all bets are off on its true colors.

WD Music, the vendor, advises that customers request a sample piece of their guards before they order, so they can check that the color scheme will work with a particular instrument’s body color.

1 Like