What color pickguard?

Love, love, love that silver. If I add another bass, silver or charcoal will be at the top of the list

4 Likes

That makes sense. Regardless, I think that is a great looking bass @JustTim. Hope you know we are poking fun with you, not at you.

2 Likes

@AnotherJosh

Hey, Josh, I hope you are able to hunker down securely or otherwise vacate the premises before the big storm. Stay safe, man.

1 Like

You know, I love my P-Bass, and I love P-basses in general, but if I owned that one, that pickguard would be gone before anyone else saw it :rofl:

They are the same people that made this fugly beast :rofl:

Now that’s one amazing combination. A terrible burst, a salami pickguard, and a bright orange fuzz-lined hardcase. I wonder if it is velour.

I get that some people like tort. And like I said, I don’t always hate it. But tort on red is not its strong point IMO. YMMV.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Ooh that is cool. Nice paisley.

1 Like

Thanks for your concern @MikeC. We are hunkering down, hopefully Ian hits north of us as projected. I still have PTSD from Hurricane IRMA in 2017!!!

My only goal now is to get the generator hooked up so I can power my amp when the storm passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_Sm4b5HX8

3 Likes

The natural clear body finish on this blonde bass body makes a clean palette for the busy, monochrome paisley print. Nice contrast. :+1:

1 Like

Stay safe, Josh. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

2 Likes

Yeah, that Fender pickguard is very ugly, particularly its shape.

And tort on red is offensive to some folks. Roger that.

But the fact is, not everyone is going to like or prefer the same shape, color or appointments of a given bass.

The good thing is: we have tons of stock features/models and after-market mods available to choose from to ensure each bass is unique.

And there ain’t a man with a gun over there telling us we got to beware which to like. :v:

2 Likes

:joy:

I do like tort, by the way, just (usually) not on a red instrument. Looks great combined with (for instance) (antique) white. Like this (still one of my favorites):

5 Likes

Absolutely. I recently almost bought this Fender Hama Okamoto Precision.

2 Likes

I looked at that too. MIJ Fender with a Jazz neck and less than a player series (let alone player plus)

In a week I get a small bonus paid out and this was on my shortlist, but then the 50s happened in my house.

Anyone considering a P this is a looker. 38mm neck. Ash tray comes with off easily. Great value

1 Like

Yep, I was on the verge of pulling the trigger, but I just wasn’t in love. :man_shrugging:

Yeah that looks good, nice offset from the white.

If it had to be a P, I think the Cutlass was a much better score

2 Likes

Oh, me, too. Without a doubt.

The Cutlass was something that came out of the blue, a real long shot, and I’m really glad I got it.

1 Like

I agree with everyone that suggested leaving it “as is”. I think it looks great!

Greetings. I’m trying to decide on a new color pickguard for a black Squier Bronco with a maple neck. It’s a 2010 model and the maple has a bit of an amber tint to it, so it’s not the really light color maple that would come on a brand new version. I found this seller on ebay who offers tons of different options. I also have a blond P-bass with an anodized gold PG and a black J-bass with rosewood neck that I go back and forth between a black and a tort PG so I’d like something different than those color combos. I was leaning towards mint green but now can’t decide if one of the more unique options like flame or one of the pearls would be cool. I welcome your feedback and opinions. Here is the link to the seller:

2 Likes

Important rule: no tort

1 Like