What’s your favorite bass (if you own more than 1)

Every time I ask myself this question, it’s the same answer, my very first bass, the Squier 70’s Classic Vibe. I still do all my “lessons” on it. Even though I modded it a lot, I am just very attached to it.

What’s yours?

23 Likes

I’ll always love the P-bass I built but my Steinberger is my favorite right now (that may change once the J-bass is done…who knows).

5 Likes

People seem to really like the Steinbergers. I’ve never tried one.

6 Likes

It’s fun to play but wearing it can be a challenge since the left side of the strap is actually located on the back instead of on the top of the body like most basses. I really like the tone and for some reason I can find the frets easier

5 Likes

I had one of their Electric Upright Basses for awhile and really loved it. I think I’d like to give that Steinberger XT-25 a try someday.
I’m glad to hear you like the tone. How is the weight? I assume no neck dive since there’s no headstock.

5 Likes

Basses come and go in my life, and I haven’t become attached to any of them. I miss my Yammie BB735 and regret selling her, but I can’t change what’s been done. My favorite among the ones I own right now? It’s a toss up between the Hofner and the ESP. They each have their merits, and I love them both equally.

7 Likes

Ray4

24 Likes

Really a toss of the coin, but I keep going back to my Jazz

It may lose out to the new Aerodyne, but not yet

20 Likes

It’s heavier than it looks but it’s all body.

4 Likes

Dang that blue!

7 Likes

I can’t begin to convey how well built she is, how nice the neck feels. Smooth.

I’ll have this one for years

4 Likes

As far as playability goes, I really don’t have a favorite bass but for sentimental reasons, my Hamer Slammer would be my favorite. She was given to me as a gift by a very, very, special friend about twenty years ago and for eighteen years I tried to learn to play it correctly.

14 Likes

Is that pick guard something you did custom or can you buy them like that? Nice looking bass :fire:

3 Likes

I would have to say the EHB 1005. I sold my other bass after playing it. It does everything great, but nothing perfect lol. It has 3 band eq built in so I use that for playing thru my interface. Also has a passive switch I use when playing thru my amp head.

16 Likes

I really like that @Vegaswizzle :sunglasses:
My favourite is…… to be honest all of my basses have their merits.
If I had to choose one it would be a difficult choice but my Rickenbacker 4001 would most likely be the winner with the Ray4 and Schecter very very closely behind.
Having said that if I’m struggling with a new tune my P bass or SR650 are my go to basses. Argh don’t make me choose!:joy:

9 Likes

Totally agree that they all have their merits for sure!
It is really interesting how I gravitate towards one bass or another for a cover or noodling, etc.

6 Likes

Exactly the same for me @John_E

4 Likes

@T_dub

That Ray looks retro but somehow futuristic at the same time. Love the mettalic contrast with that pick guard!

5 Likes

I honestly can’t decide between my BB734A and TRBX604. I love them both. Probably leaning towards the BB but it’s close.

Funny perspective illusion in that last photo - the BB is actually larger than the TRBX. Also the TRBX horn looks weird in those pics :slight_smile:

stock shots:

15 Likes

I would lean that direction also. Damn, I regret selling my BB735

8 Likes