What song are you currently/next "working on"?

I’m still working through the course (just passed Billie Jean) so my efforts may not be up to others challenge level.

Etta James - I’d rather go blind
This one is a lot of fun, but remembering the patterns is a real effrot in my brain!

Dove Cameron - Boyfriend
This one has a great jazzy, smooth sultry feel. I can get through most of it, second half I still need work on.

The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
This one I often will use as a warm up/cool down. Still working on timing and muting but it’s a ton of fun for me to play.

2 Likes

I’m working on these 2 songs right now. Well only transcription not playing(gig-ready).

https://youtu.be/Fy0KojvHOZs

It has a lot of notes, lol.

Next is another one of my favorite. Lots of notes too.

3 Likes

Alright - Nathan East on bass :grinning:

4 Likes

Took the easy way out today because i overdid it on the surveillance camera installation project.
So i started learning pumped up kicks by foster the people.
I get it, it’s low fruit. But it sounds cool and it’s fun to play-and that’s good-because my ortho doctor today informed me i need my right hip replaced.

Ugh. 51 years old and getting a hip replacement. Some luck i got. Bright side is it won’t affect my playing, and it looks like I’ll have some free time for a few months while i can’t do other things like walk extended distances, or using more than one flight of stairs at a time.:blush:

3 Likes

That has to be one of the rarest Yamaha bass I’ve seen. 5 string motion bass. I want one, lol.

3 Likes

55 here and first time gbasist since 2 months!, @autumnsdad1990 and I love playing Pumped Up Kicks. It’s a gr3eat little workout.

2 Likes

Right on @groaner . keep shaking the walls, baby. Us old folks still got a little something going.

I started just over a year ago as a birthday present to myself for my 50th. Never touched an instrument before, zero musical talent. B2b has given me so much happiness. It’s really the very best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

The money this course cost? It would have been a shockingly good value at 3x the price.

2 Likes

The little MB’s are so cool. Never seen a 5 before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today i wanted something that i could just let flow, so it’s who’s crying now by journey. What a great line.

2 Likes

The BBNE is pretty cool too.

It usually is a lot less than that quoted $4400, more like $3k or so.

4 Likes

Father’s day for me. Rented a Fender for a month before to see if my bass ukulele skills flowed over to fill size, and surprisingly, it did, a bit.
Loving every minute of it!

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a very cool bass I have a signed BBNE2 buried deep in the shed I have not touched in years. The neck through feels fantastic.

4 Likes

Something’s wrong here… can’t quite put my finger on it… :thinking:
:joy:

4 Likes

Currently working on this guy - not too many different notes but it’s quite fast for me. I think this bass line is something that got me into bass in the first place, even though I couldn’t have told you the bass line was a bass until starting to learn bass :laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXt723fN1ss&ab_channel=TheCoralVEVO

1 Like

I received that bass as a gift from my ex-boss and it was personally delivered by Mr. East.

I know. I bought and sold a black one to play for a while, I just want to preserve that one.
It has about 7-8 hours of play time on it. I’d most likely keep it forever but secretly if the value go up significantly I might trade or sell. The immediate goal now is to give that to my son who’s name after the artist. I can always pickup a used or even new one to play if and when the urge gets too intense, lol.

5 Likes

So are the other kids named North, South and West? Crazy Al, Crazy!

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1QjyskJ9jw

That. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Doesn’t that sound familiar
find a new song every time I’m in the car

1 Like

Ozzy’s “See you on the other side”
Queen’s “It’s a kind of magic”

with a side note of fingers hurt…

4 Likes

Today i wanted something mellow, so it’s must have been love by roxette