What song are you currently/next "working on"?

You need some Reggae in your life lol

4 Likes

My reggae would be Crime and Punishment by Jinjer.

I honestly don’t know what’s involved with reggae. Not really exposed to it beyond Marley or Cliff

2 Likes

Roots fifths and fun. I’m enjoying my slight diversion into scratching the surface of it.

4 Likes

Either Basket Case (Green Day) or Phantom of the Opera (Maiden).

Oh the agony of choice…

2 Likes

“The Jack” by AC/DC. Or I would be if I could find my music. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

“Handle With Care” by The Traveling Wilburys.

5 Likes

Oh what a song !!!

1 Like

I was never a fan of ac/dc. I just didn’t like it. I thought it was 3 chord rock and roll that was meant to be able to sing along with when you are stinking drunk. And it really does work for that- but i must admit they are amazing.

My musical ability is truly limited- but those guys are the masters of tone and timing. Yes, the bassline is just a continual series of open A, but they do it real well. Every note is on time and played perfectly.

If I’m going to listen to music, chances are good they aren’t on my playlist-but these days when i do hear their stuff i am simply blown away.

4 Likes

You’ve not mentioned they also created television. That let us see bands without going to concerts.

1 Like

“A# major” … After a little noodling on my keyboard, I found a melody and just googled out what scale it actually is. I know that cheeky changes of key in the middle of a song are a great musical tool, but hey, “left musicality for musicians”. Ok, it’s “A# major” and here are the notes on that scale. Until you are done with this, these are the only notes you can use! … A couple of days later … all the notes on the “A# major” scale are burned into my brain for the rest of my life as much as their position on the fretboard. It’s so much different to try to learn a song from someone else and “building” in the constraints of a scale. The result will not be great …

, but as I mentioned, the effectiveness of learning while operating under self-imposed constraints is something you should try if you haven’t yet.

Another Journey by Train currently. The Cure - Another Journey by Train (1980) - YouTube

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0

6 Likes

Dance wit’ me by rufus and chaka khan. Some full on funk happening there. It’s going to be a challenge, but ima try it.

4 Likes

My current headache case is Rod Stewart’s Sailing.
Since Baba O’Riley took me nearly 3 months to learn I know patience is required as well as repeat, repeat, repeat.

3 Likes

Today it’s let’s dance because David m.f. bowie!

4 Likes

Oh, i like a challenge… Today it’s bound for the floor by local h. Try this, it’s fun. It ain’t hard, but man it sounds good.

2 Likes

Also playing king of pain by the police. What a phenomenal tune. This is just my monitor, no amps, no compressor. Just me, my bass and a sweet set of sennheisers on my head. Have i mentioned lately how much i love playing this game?

2 Likes

Last couple of days, I’ve been on a Jack Johnson kick. I dig that laid back, relax, enjoy the beach kinda music. Flake and Banana Pancakes both have great, tasteful, groovy basslines that I’m enjoying playing.

4 Likes

I’ve been spending a lot of time and energy transcribing a few songs but when it’s done I’m not as enthused w he it cones to practice, lol. Hopefully my transcribing mode wears out soon so I can switch my cap to playing/practicing cap, lol. Here are some that I’m working on.

You are free, this is actually played on an upright, I’m still waiting on mine. Awesome bass lines.
https://youtu.be/4K1Y7lbe3mY

The next one is a video I like the drum parts but there are a few tasty fills and the different chord progressions is pretty interesting so why not?

https://youtu.be/e_aIeclZFRg

The next one is just awesome Nathan East playing

https://youtu.be/9ztMe6GIwi8

My goal is to put them on the guitar pro 8.

2 Likes

The Clash. Should I stay or should I go.

4 Likes