What song are you currently/next "working on"?

I keep starting to work on a song that I love, get a few phrases down pat, and then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and
then become interested in another song and get a few phrases down pat, and …

So my answer to the question is YES

7 Likes

I accidentally started another thread like this so I will just come over here since @joergkutter kindly pointed me in the right direction. I am working on Schism by Tool and Maxwell Murder by Rancid breaking down the more difficult parts in to chunks

5 Likes

I’m working on Plush by Stone Temple Pilots

7 Likes

Plush is a great song.

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying it @LesterH
Not too difficult and yet quite satisfying to play

4 Likes

@Mac Here is a link to Schism (Tool). I posted this because often times we just post a finished product of a cover. I wanted to share with others the hours of practice that goes into learning something new. I started working on this song about 4 or 5 hours ago with some breaks in there. This is not the whole song still figuring out the ending. There is a bit of a syncing issue between the video and audio but it is just practice. When I get it completed I will post it in the covers thread. https://bilgerats.billlanahan.com/2020/09/07/schism-tool-bass-practice/

3 Likes

Working through the Bridge of Sighs album…James Dewar is solid as a rock.

4 Likes

“Love Me Do” by The Beatles.

3 Likes

Great song @JerryP

3 Likes

finished Tears of a Clown, Midnight Hour, and Too Rolling Stoned…next up Signed Sealed and Delivered, Badge, and The Tracks of My Tears

7 Likes

Still playing with Plush (STP) but I did have a dabble and continue to with Wasted Years and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter by Iron Maiden

5 Likes

love Bring Your Daughter and it sounds like its a little more approachable than a lot of their tunes…he’s a beast

5 Likes

Slowly working my way through the first 50 songs :sweat_smile:
I’m currently working on Another Brick in the Wall and on the main riffs from Iron Man :grimacing:

5 Likes

I put “Love Me Do” on the back burner for now since I don’t have my Hofner to practice with.
I’m working on “409” by The Beach Boys, “Last Train To Clarksville” by The Monkees and “Wade In The Water” by Herb Alpert & TJB.

6 Likes

I haven’t heard Last Train in forever…now I have to go see who played bass on that track

4 Likes

Last train is an awesome tune. Always forget about The Monkees when I’m looking at older stuff to play :+1:

3 Likes

Turns out the bassist on that track was Larry Taylor from Canned Heat, did a lot of session work for the Monkees

3 Likes

It’s a very simple tune as far as Maiden goes. Not really the usual Harris gallop and probably one of his easiest bass lines to try.
I’ve got 3 I’m looking at. The 2 I mentioned in my earlier post and 22 Acacia Avenue.
I can’t say I’m mastering them but I’m enjoying the ride lol

4 Likes

Ok so my current learning plans is some new melodic rock (80s hair style) from a band Steel City. Their lead guitarist Mike Floros writes most of thier songs is one of my college fraternity brothers so he’s gonna send me the actually bass notations to learn them. I’m gonna start with a song titled “A Little Love”

If you want check them out on spotify…
Steel City on Spotify

4 Likes

Well @JerryP what have you gone and done? I’ve been messing around playing “ Daydream Believer “ for ages this morning in between Iron Maiden and murdering “ Interstate Love Song” by STP :joy:

2 Likes