What song are you currently/next "working on"?

This is known as “getting old” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The next stage is shaking your fist at neighborhood kids playing outside and making too much noise :rofl:

9 Likes

So I’m back in bass playing form. Mostly because i can now handle the weight on the surgery incision.
It’s been 3 and a half weeks since i got the new hip, and i must admit I’ve played less than ever. I had a pretty rigorous rehab schedule going, and there was some discomfort sitting and standing for a while-but that’s all cool now. I’m back to playing for 90 minutes in the morning and Mayne an hour in the evening. I still stink, but I’m playing.
Today i woke up humming take it to the limit by the eagles-so I’m attempting to learn it. There’s not so much there, but the tempo feels strange- like if I’m not playing a lot of notes that they should all get played perfect? It’s eluding me at the moment, but I’ll find it. Here’s to hurty fingers and bleeding ears.

10 Likes

Awesome, glad to see you’re recovering! If you keep playing for two and a half hours a day, you won’t stink for long :facepunch:t3:

5 Likes

Glad to hear you’re doing better.

I’m back playing as well after my writst injury, still working on Never Ending Story, but am building my playing time up slowly.
Started out with play 5 min, hour rest, play 5 min, rinse and repeat. Am now at 10 min so it’s getting there.

Don’t force it and I hope you continue to improve with the hip and that you get your groove back quickly.

5 Likes

Oh, the irony :wink: Sorry, couldn’t resist. Keep it up!

6 Likes

Glad you’re back in the groove!

3 Likes

Was thinking of the absurdity of it as well :joy: but am making progress so I’ll get there eventually.

5 Likes

The wrist is a bad one for playing. I’m glad you are pushing through it.

2 Likes

Is anyone working on Planet Earth by Duran Duran? I love John Taylor’s bass work and hope to play this one day.

5 Likes

It’s my favorite Duran Duran song by far! But there’s no way I could sing it so not planning to cover it any time soon.

4 Likes

I recently started working on “Ghost Town” by The Specials. Loved it when I was younger, and when I listened to it recently, I thought “that’s a cool bass line, not too fast, so probably not that difficult”. Turns out it’s not as easy as I thought :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So i love the double d effect, and I’ve worked on rio, save a prayer and a couple others. Planet earth is pretty tough and i can’t crack it-but good on you if you can!

4 Likes

I’ve never heard that, but i just looked at it and added it to my favorites, I’ll try it today.
Wasn’t it you who was talking about gangsters by that same band? I’ve played that some, it’s a fun little line to work on. It doesn’t seem to be coherent until you play it some.

2 Likes

That wasn’t me, but I’ll check it out. Thanks!

2 Likes

Every musician’s thought at some point :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been watching the CoverSolutions bass tab on youtube and my eyes are popping out. I love the bass in this song so much. As a young kid John was always my favourite in Duran Duran and has remained so :smiley:

Is there a thingy where we challenge @JoshFossgreen to play a certain song? I nominate Hungry Like the Wolf! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Last week was ‘Walk this way’. This week is ‘You look good on the dance floor’.

3 Likes

I have managed to master all three of the notes in “Helpless” by Neil Young so I’m working on “Stir It Up” by Mr. Bob Marley and “Warning” by Green Day. Both at 75% speed, hoping for 100 by the end of the weekend.

Then on to “Broken Wings” by Mr. Mister - I love that bass line!

8 Likes

I am still working on September Leaves at SBL. However, my ignorant ass did not realize I can slow it down to get the fingering right and speed it up over time. Last night was my most productive and I almost have it under my fingers.

3 Likes

I’m working on “Apache” by The Ventures as a request from the local guy that I met while here. We are going to try to play together on this.

6 Likes