What song are you currently/next "working on"?

Is that the same song as The Shadows played @JerryP ?

2 Likes

It is. This local guy is a big Ventures fan and he plays a lot of their songs.

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses: I used to be able to play this on guitar

2 Likes

Snow Patrol Chasing cars this week

3 Likes

Today it’s phantom limb by the shins. Because i like it.

3 Likes

Time Bomb by Rancid. I’ve had the verse down for a while but the chorus/transition from verse to chorus has always been tough. Excited to try it again after taking B2B.

3 Likes

I just finished a song on SBL that I am quite proud of. To move forward, you have to be able to play the song at 100% speed three times with no mistakes and proper techniques. You also have to not lie to yourself and say, “That was good enough” if it wasn’t. Took me a week or so to get it right but I can now play it with no mistakes. It is called “September Leaves” and is SBL’s song they use as a jazz type progression. It is a little tricky but once you get through the curve balls that are thrown at you, it is such a wonderful song. (And I have never been a “Hep cat” jazz dude). I now listen to some jazz just for the bass lines. Scott does a great job guiding you through the songs with a play through vid, a navigation vid, and a techniques and tips vid. He also recommends different courses that focus on what he is teaching at that moment. I know people have a problem with SBL because he talks a lot. However, he just does the excessive talking mostly on his free youtube stuff. While teaching he is focused and right to the point and is very personable in his delivery. I am totally stoked to be taking lessons through SBL and cannot recommend it enough. His lessons are a huge leap upward in ability from B2B and I almost quit within the first day or so. I mentioned to one of the moderators on his forum that B2B was such a good course for the true beginner but SBL was way too advanced for me and a lot of people that just graduated B2B. His courses were like going from elementary school to MIT in one big jump. Not sure if it was because of what I said but check this out, he did just implement a “Beginners Pathway” that is about a half step above Josh’s lessons in complexity and is a great segue from B2B. According to the moderator, they looked at B2B and other beginner courses and tried to tailor a course that would supplement the foundations that Josh and others teach. I think they hit it out of the ball park.

9 Likes

next up for me is The Chain

3 Likes

When I learnt it, the first 18 bars were really easy. YMMV.

4 Likes

the muting was a bitch though

4 Likes

The Darkness ‘I Believe in a Thing Called Love’. I’m using the tab video that CoverSolutions has on YouTube.

3 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: @StartedAt48

2 Likes

This…
1st day on the 2-string slide bass.
Need a smaller slide, and to learn the rest of the song, lol.

https://youtu.be/ULQszHjGzX8

5 Likes

I usually work on one or two songs at a time, but for some reason these last couple weeks I keep hearing songs I want to play. And a couple of them are songs that my buddy wants me to learn. A lot of these I can play, but need to polish.

• Badly Drawn Boy - Journey from A to B
  • The Cure - Six Different Ways
  • Oingo Boingo - Flesh and Blood
  • Pennywise - Pennywise
  • Smashing Pumpkins - Rhinoceros
  • Muse - Knights of Cydonia
  • Pearl Jam - In Hiding
  • The Ataris - Boys of Summer
  • RHCP - Pretty Little Ditty
  • Angels and Airwaves - Spellbound
  • The Cure - Boys Don’t Cry
  • Muse - Hysteria (been working on this one for a while)
5 Likes

Working on Killing Floor by Howlin’ Wolf

6 Likes

I’m working on backwater by meat puppets. I’ve almost got it where i can play it and have it not hurt my ears. The really sad part of that is that it’s a really simple song. But i like it, and it makes new happy to play.

5 Likes

Today I’m trying ( read failing miserably ) pyro by kings of Leon. There’s not so much there to learn, but man they make that sound good.

1 Like

I am currently working on “Sledgehammer” on SBL. It seems like a simple song yet there is a syncopated third fret pinky roll from A to D and back to A. I almost have it. I can pull it off in the song 1 out of three times.

4 Likes

Ha, for me 1 out of 3 is perfection. The other 2 are interpretation performances :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Haha. I practiced that pinky roll so much last night that my pinky is sore as hell. I did find a work around where I use the ring finger on the roll up and it sounds okay. Just gotta clean up the muting.

1 Like