What song are you currently/next "working on"?

I’m working on Rosanna by Toto. Love that song!

3 Likes

This week is Sweet Child of Mine

6 Likes

This week is “The Temptations - Get Ready”. Man, this song is hard and it’s still one of the easiest James Jamerson songs!

2 Likes

Just wondering if I’m the only person on BTBA that is old school. I’m now working on song’s by Marshall Tucker band. All day long I’ve trying to nail fire :fire: on the mountain. Probably not hard for some, but not using tap or sheet music just trying to hear the bass and get the notes down, is this wrong?

3 Likes

I’m old school in more ways than one. :upside_down_face:

“Hold Your Head Up” by Argent and “Day After Day” by Badfinger.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Do know there are octaves and not but 2 chords. I hear EandD.

1 Like

Great songs! I just woke up CDT and had this song in my head for some reason. Been working on it about 3 hrs before I posted earlier. Maybe too long at one time.

1 Like

Eddie (@Earthquake) check out the post your covers thread. We’re regularly posting stuff from the 50’s onward. You are not alone :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with old school.

3 Likes

I’m going to start on “Jailhouse Rock” tomorrow.

4 Likes

old school is awesome!

I love being able to find a tab of a song I like where I can pretty much play it all the way through on the first go. Thank you Def Leppard, Hysteria is ‘easy’ enough but good practice for keeping rhythm. Am I the only one who loves Samboat’s videos?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquWwZKRNGo

5 Likes

Samboat is a channel I use regularly. He has some great songs on there and a reasonably good range of genres too

4 Likes

For me it’s his face and expression. The smiles make the videos fun to play along to :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve used quite a few of Samboat’s tabs. The way he smiles throughout the entire song cracks me up.

4 Likes

I just found one where he doesn’t smile: KISS I Was Made For Loving You :laughing: I might be able to play that one day but Samboat cracks me up too much to learn.

4 Likes

Thanks guys ! Barney you have really been helpful in helping with my drum machine but give me the bust I need to keep pushing forward. Thanks BTB friend! Let’s keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

Damn right. I’m still working on Bach’s cello suite for bass :wink:

3 Likes

Just working on Queen’s “Seven Seas of Rhye” but I want to get it out of the way before (da da da!) Mövember begins - an entire month I intend to devote to Motörhead covers and fun!

5 Likes

I’ve been working on that too. I don’t think I’ll ever finish it. I can play half of it though.

4 Likes

Are you using Bach2Bass to learn your cello suite? It seems like an interesting site.

3 Likes