What was the first song you learned on bass all the way through?

And here is Tal Wilkenfeld holding down the groove with the man himself (and Vinnie C. on drums):

4 Likes

tal is not only obviously fantastically talented but just damn adorable to watch play too.

7 Likes

I think mine was one of these:
Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
The Beatles - Come Together
CCR - Fortunate Son

I learned them all in about 2 weeks for a jam session back in high school. I don’t remember exactly which one came first as it was like 15 years ago and long before I quit playing for a while.

4 Likes

Probably one of your usual suspects, but the first one I remember having to struggle through was Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder. The solo part was way out of my reach (and probably still is), but my teacher of the time insisted that I had to learn it. I still remember it today, but I can’t play it flawlessly

4 Likes

BB king- The thrill is gone .
First song I have ever played all the way through and that was this week !

I love the blues and this song in particular

7 Likes

Very nice @AngelC,
Would have taken some practice :+1:,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I loved the Cranberries. I was so sad when Dolores O’Riordan died 2 years ago.

6 Likes

Yeah same here. Tortured & brilliant soul in equal measure as is often, unfortunately, the case

5 Likes

Ace of spades.

8 Likes

I like their stuff. To which of their songs are referring?

2 Likes

Motor head is the group and ace of spades is the song.

4 Likes

Ah okay. I thought you were referencing the group Ace of Base. Sorry, my bad, misread your post.

3 Likes

With or without you by U2.

5 Likes

The four note straight eight song, good for building dexterity and timing, @robertcoble68.
great song,
cheers Brian

5 Likes

Judas Priest - Turbo Lover

Will prob post a cover in a week or two. Still figuring out Reaper.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your cover @Sp33dSnakr!

4 Likes

Closer To Home, Grand Funk Railroad

5 Likes

Take me out by Franz Ferdinand

4 Likes

I haven’t yet, but I’m working on “Fear of the Dark” by Iron Maiden. I wanted to do Wrathchild, but it’s beyond me at present. Not that FotD is easy by any means.

4 Likes

That damn gallop kills me with Maiden songs @MC-Canadastan but I keep trying lol

3 Likes