What Would You Like To See In The Next Course

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT COURSE

A “start now” button :angel:

27 Likes

Hi Josh,
I’d like to see the following (in no particular order of importance) in the next course:

• Learning several complete songs (in their entirety)
  • Basic music theory – especially for bass – including modes
  • Basic reading of standard notation, using progressively more difficult exercises
  • How to readily transpose a piece to a different key
  • Improvisation in several genres (e.g., jazz, rock and blues)
  • Use of a transcription tool (e.g., Transcribe!) to figure out the notes for a given recording
  • Recording bass either with a DI box or using microphones on an amp (into a DAW)

All the best,
BassoNovo (in WA)

6 Likes

Hi Josh,

Are you still working on the next course, or has it been shelved? If it’s shelved, are there plans to restart? If you’re lacking resources to complete the course, I imagine your faithful would be willing to assist you.

3 Likes

Hey Josh, awesome to hear that it’s not dead and I understand there is not a launch date but is there any chance you could give us some sort of vague idea. Like is it some time during 2021 or more like within the next 5 years?

3 Likes

Hey @carondelet and @doylecb! I’ve been trying not to give specifics so that there isn’t a mess of conflicting data when timelines inevitably change later down the line. Don’t expect it this year is all I’ll say for now!

11 Likes

I wonder if this is something that Josh is working on? :thinking:

3 Likes

I have to imagine that so long as the terms of their partnership are satisfactory to Josh, that it has to be in the plans for growth of the platform.

3 Likes

From his previous responses, I think he is still in the “wondering” stage too. AKA ….Don’t hold your breath

4 Likes

This :point_up:

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen The only request I have that comes to mind at the moment is for this screen to appear much sooner in the lessons.

For some reason I get lost very quickly when I’m trying to follow the red and green dots appearing on the image of the fretboard.

10 Likes

I would like music/TAB images from the videos attached to lesson pages.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @NipperDog ! I’ve heard that from others as well, it has been duly noted for future courses + B2B improvements.

And @emme, a good option for that is to download the sheet music / tab PDF from the Course Extras, which you can either keep up elsewhere on screen or print out - https://www.bassbuzz.com/lessons/beginner-to-badass/extras/download

5 Likes

Thanks Josh, I just printed everything.

5 Likes

Whatever is in it as soon as it’s available* … TAKE MY MONEY :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:
(* maybe never but I live in hope , I just can’t get on with any other teacher )

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen you’ll be missing a real opportunity if you don’t make Hysteria the next course’s Billie Jean :rofl:

Seriously. Hysteria. Module 4, no later. It would be the perfect homage, skill-jump wise.

7 Likes

f49b325aaf5292f7f40f24a30b69a6c04b1df546a19ddfd161bcf109106dae60.0
I hate that song, but if it’s part of the course, I’d force myself to do it.

5 Likes

I have a very open mind to music but simply cannot get into this Hysteria tune by Muse at all.
I will stick to this one…

https://youtu.be/yMzyleT2FqY

5 Likes

I mean, Hysteria is a stadium rock anthem. Heavy radio rotation at the time. Made it up to #9 on Billboard. It’s been used as a NHL hockey team walk-on song. It’s not like it takes a very open mind - it’s pretty mainstream really :slight_smile:

I guess Def Leppard’s was too, lol.

6 Likes

Yeah, I like Def Leppard’s version much better than Muse.

5 Likes

Well, regardless, it’s an iconic, cool and interesting bassline. And extremely popular. Just not easy.

Perfect intermediate course analogue for Billie Jean.

6 Likes