What Would You Like To See In The Next Course

@PamPurrs I’ll try it. Casting from Apple is roughly the same procedure. Let’s see what happens!

3 Likes

Do you guys run your audio from your TV speakers? Every time I try to cast I get picture but no sound through my denon receiver.

1 Like

Hi @itsratso For simplicity I just watch the course on iPad and push the sound to a Bluetooth speaker. But my modern tv audio goes through an old denon receiver, using the cd input

1 Like

When I cast to my big screen tv, the sound comes through the sound bar I have attached to the tv.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is a sensible suggestion but one of the things I’m noticing two weeks into B2B is that while I love playing along with Josh, I wish there were a separate button on each lesson/practice where it would play the rhythm track and show the tab/staff but without the bass accompaniment. I end up having to balance the aux in audio from my iPad with the feed from my guitar to make sure I’m clearly hearing my own bass, but when I do that I tend to sacrifice the volume of the rhythm track.

I think the backing tracks are all downloadable in the Extras section, but it would be great to have a way to play them sans-bass on the practice page itself once I’m ready for Josh to throw me off the branch so I can “fly solo”, so to speak.

Edit: Hmm, occurs to me that this isn’t as much a suggestion for “the next course” but on how to improve existing B2B, sorry.

8 Likes

No worries, thanks for your suggestion! I agree, some streamlining there would be helpful.

8 Likes

I would like to see more about harmonizing the major scale (modes, arpeggios and 7th chords etc.). I would love to have a course built around your three books. I am trying to figure out the beast at the moment and would love a module or two on that. Also circle of 5th and 4th.

5 Likes

Hi,

I’ve just reached the lesson where she who shall not be named (aka Billie Jean) lies… I’ll tackle her tomorrow!

From the course this far I sincerely hope it won’t take too long for an Advanced B2B (Badass to BaddestAss?) course to be ready.

For me it’d be great to see it going deep into soloing and improvisation, and some specific techniques I believe I’ve read that will not be touched on during the rest of the course such as hammer-on’s.

In any case, whatever the specific contents, @JoshFossgreen, please listen to the people and launch it ASAP!:wink:

thanks!

8 Likes

@JoshFossgreen

What I would like to see is a playthrough of a complete song from a simple and intermediate level for Bass guitar. My song suggestion would be something along the lines of CCRs Bad Moon Rising.

It has been 2 years and 10 months since the original post.
Is this project dead and if not what is the projected launch date?

10 Likes

Hey @Celticstar, thanks for the suggestion, I like it!

Project is not dead, but there is also not a launch date. So I guess that’s “suspended animation”?

10 Likes

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE NEXT COURSE

A “start now” button :angel:

27 Likes

Hi Josh,
I’d like to see the following (in no particular order of importance) in the next course:

• Learning several complete songs (in their entirety)
  • Basic music theory – especially for bass – including modes
  • Basic reading of standard notation, using progressively more difficult exercises
  • How to readily transpose a piece to a different key
  • Improvisation in several genres (e.g., jazz, rock and blues)
  • Use of a transcription tool (e.g., Transcribe!) to figure out the notes for a given recording
  • Recording bass either with a DI box or using microphones on an amp (into a DAW)

All the best,
BassoNovo (in WA)

6 Likes

Hi Josh,

Are you still working on the next course, or has it been shelved? If it’s shelved, are there plans to restart? If you’re lacking resources to complete the course, I imagine your faithful would be willing to assist you.

3 Likes

Hey Josh, awesome to hear that it’s not dead and I understand there is not a launch date but is there any chance you could give us some sort of vague idea. Like is it some time during 2021 or more like within the next 5 years?

3 Likes

Hey @carondelet and @doylecb! I’ve been trying not to give specifics so that there isn’t a mess of conflicting data when timelines inevitably change later down the line. Don’t expect it this year is all I’ll say for now!

11 Likes

I wonder if this is something that Josh is working on? :thinking:

3 Likes

I have to imagine that so long as the terms of their partnership are satisfactory to Josh, that it has to be in the plans for growth of the platform.

3 Likes

From his previous responses, I think he is still in the “wondering” stage too. AKA ….Don’t hold your breath

4 Likes

This :point_up:

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen The only request I have that comes to mind at the moment is for this screen to appear much sooner in the lessons.

For some reason I get lost very quickly when I’m trying to follow the red and green dots appearing on the image of the fretboard.

10 Likes