What Would You Like To See In The Next Course

I would like music/TAB images from the videos attached to lesson pages.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @NipperDog ! I’ve heard that from others as well, it has been duly noted for future courses + B2B improvements.

And @emme, a good option for that is to download the sheet music / tab PDF from the Course Extras, which you can either keep up elsewhere on screen or print out - https://www.bassbuzz.com/lessons/beginner-to-badass/extras/download

5 Likes

Thanks Josh, I just printed everything.

5 Likes

Whatever is in it as soon as it’s available* … TAKE MY MONEY :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:
(* maybe never but I live in hope , I just can’t get on with any other teacher )

4 Likes

@JoshFossgreen you’ll be missing a real opportunity if you don’t make Hysteria the next course’s Billie Jean :rofl:

Seriously. Hysteria. Module 4, no later. It would be the perfect homage, skill-jump wise.

7 Likes

f49b325aaf5292f7f40f24a30b69a6c04b1df546a19ddfd161bcf109106dae60.0
I hate that song, but if it’s part of the course, I’d force myself to do it.

5 Likes

I have a very open mind to music but simply cannot get into this Hysteria tune by Muse at all.
I will stick to this one…

https://youtu.be/yMzyleT2FqY

5 Likes

I mean, Hysteria is a stadium rock anthem. Heavy radio rotation at the time. Made it up to #9 on Billboard. It’s been used as a NHL hockey team walk-on song. It’s not like it takes a very open mind - it’s pretty mainstream really :slight_smile:

I guess Def Leppard’s was too, lol.

6 Likes

Yeah, I like Def Leppard’s version much better than Muse.

5 Likes

Well, regardless, it’s an iconic, cool and interesting bassline. And extremely popular. Just not easy.

Perfect intermediate course analogue for Billie Jean.

6 Likes

Would say Hysteria is much harder compared to Billie Jean. I never really struggled with Billie but Hysteria is hard to play right.

I really dig Muse and I personally love Hysteria by Muse. Even got the latest album in vinyl!

4 Likes

I’d love to learn the bass line to the song ‘Freight Train’ by Elizabeth Cotten.

Edit: At a much slower speed :grin:

2 Likes

What’s stopping you?

2 Likes

I was answering the question posed at the beginning of this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know. I was just joshing with you (pardon the pun) :rofl:

But seriously, if you want to learn a song, go for it!

2 Likes

Don’t worry about the song, got some pretty cool cars in the video :grinning: :+1: :grinning:
Cheers Brian

1 Like

I think the one thing I’d like to see in the next course, which I was hoping would be in this one, is lessons on playing scales across more of the neck. Yes, we learned the major and minor finger patterns, but we didn’t really venture too far beyond the “home” position. I realize I can map out the neck for a particular key on my own, and I definitely will, but I know pentatonic scales are the hip thing to know and it would have been cool to have more of that, especially to practice on our own time.

4 Likes

I could do with a little help with that also.
But my bass does not have a name on it, and don’t think it had one that I am aware of. . . . oops (probably a copy)

4 Likes

Can you post a photo?

4 Likes

Sure, (Sorry in advance Josh)

5 Likes