What Would You Like To See In The Next Course

Grab a bass with live, this is not just a slogan. It is actual.

1 Like

Haha, love the title. :stuck_out_tongue:

And @meyouem, not quite sure what you mean, I think something got lost in translation?

It is in marsian, turning from a copycat with the five lines to a person that who can play by himself. That should be a awesome wonderful change.

1 Like

Hey Josh. Your course really got me started off on the right track. When I finally did get a teacher, she was impressed by my technique! I have a suggestion for your next course. I know you love your Peavey but I think it would be helpful if you did your demonstrations using a bass with dots or markers on the fretboard so we can more easily see where you’re at.
Oh yeah, forget to tell you, I’ma in a band now-- whoopee and thanks for everything! The bass has changed my life!

5 Likes

Awesome!

I agree! Thanks for the feedback.

That’s awesome! Feel free to post stuff on the forum if you want to share!

1 Like

I am in a blues band and a rock band. Being in a band will greatly improve your playing. All the best.

2 Likes

Maybe het some more music. Play along maybe in songs that can expressed in modes. So we can practice mode and getting some more understanding

1 Like

Reggae and funk.

3 Likes

There’ll definitely be some of that in there!

Just a suggestion, @JoshFossgreen . . . :slight_smile:

It would be really great if you could include some sort of search feature and perhaps some way of bookmarking parts of the next course (such as what we have here on the Forums).

This would make it possible to easily go back to parts we’d like to review, etc.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks so much and all best, Joe

2 Likes

Hey Josh,

I’m only on Module 5 of B2B (I’d be much further along had it not been getting stuck for several days trying to perfect “Billie Jean”). I’m enjoying the course, and especially like your laid back, humorous style of teaching. I’m looking forward to graduating to the advanced course you have planned. I’m sure it will be awesome!

One suggestion (request) I’d like to make on behalf of all us older folks: I have a hard time distinguishing between you saying “E” string, “D” string, or “G” string. There’ve been a couple lessons where I started out playing on the “D” string, when in fact you said the “E” string. Maybe you could articulate a bit more, or even better yet, toss a graphic onto the screen. It’s not a deal killer, as I have been able to get through it so far, but it would be helpful.

Thanks for the great lessons!

Pam

3 Likes

I was very happy to be able to jam some basic blues with some friends after completing the course but maybe some more advanced blues stuff -like intros, outros and turn-arounds would be useful.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

@Jazzbass19 - added that to the to-do list, maybe we can add that for Beginner to Badass sometime too.

@PamPurrs - thanks for letting me know! I will definitely use a lot more graphics in the next course (like I am with the new Youtube videos, or similar). And I’ll try to enunciate better. :slight_smile:

@adrianwoods08 - Great ideas! Could easily do a whole Blues course, that’d be fun.

6 Likes

More captioning, more illustration, better songs to play at. Remember you have some burnt out hippies trying to learn. Like I’m 72 and never heard of some of the songs before. I pay attention to the bass in every song I listen to and that’s all the time. I love to watch and listen to John MacVie, I know he’s a nightmare to you but love his sounds.

3 Likes

Interesting! I was thinking about some songs that might translate well across a few generations and also have some killer basslines. What would you think of:

Tainted Love, Gloria Jones
War, Edwin Starr
Children of the Revolution, T. Rex
Ball of Confusion, The Temptations

All widely covered, some even relatively recently. In fact a couple are better known for their covers.

5 Likes

Will do for sure!

I’m glad I turned you onto some songs you hadn’t heard of! If I wasn’t opening your ear to new music I don’t think I’d be doing my job as a teacher.

But I’ll continue to keep as much old school flavor in the mix as I can, I love that stuff too.

Thanks for the ideas @howard, I’ll check those out.

3 Likes

np! They are all before my time but all of them have covers I love. I think half the bands in the world have covered Tainted Love by now. And then there’s this:

1 Like

Well… I just completed Module 1 today (I am trying to do the 3 month track) … and I am still struggling to keep my head above water, that lesson on muting notes after strumming was a little to complicated for my current ability and I couldn’t keep up, but heck its only week one for me,. Let me get back to you in a few months…

3 Likes

Chords

2 Likes

Noted, @Don_D! I love bass chords. :yum:

@method72, keep me posted on your progress! I’m always here to help.

3 Likes