Whatcha Watchin'? The TV Thread

Just watched the first part of this five part documentary. Interesting to me as I was sold the biased British side of the story growing up. But by my mid twenties realized after reading round on the subject and meeting people from there that; as is with most things it’s more nuanced than than that.

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

Worth a look if you’re remotely interested in Irish history and the mess the British made of partition / internment etc. Also what a bloody waste of human life all round.

5 Likes

Gravity already took care of that :joy:

1 Like

It’s not the years, it’s the mileage.

And…the years.

The guy works out like a friend and he’s in tremendous shape, doing crazy stunts and flying fighter jets. But time marches on.

1 Like

I just took a jab at his height. Not questioning his work ethic. Only his shitty religion.

1 Like

going to check this out tonite.

1 Like

Fargo. Season 4

Scotty didn’t get her Bisquick.

IMO best season yet.

3 Likes

I’ve loved all seasons of Fargo. S4 is kickass.

2 Likes

I was referring to his advancing age, not his work ethic. Time catches up to us all.

Regarding the last point, personally, I believe anyone’s religion is his/her own business. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

1 Like

It’s not the feel good documentary of the year, but it is really well made.

All that senseless violence :frowning:

1 Like

Heh, don’t worry, I won’t get into that whole debacle. Never turns out pretty :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Just rewatching “Preacher”. It’s insane fun, politically incorrect as it goes - and often has some great background tracks…

4 Likes

Oh, and I just watched “Saltburn”! It’s GREAT - you will want to play “Murder on the Dancefloor” after watching it :slight_smile:

I watched it too, as I’m always a sucker for most things Garth Ennis related. The first couple of seasons were a blast, but 3 and 4 not so much for me.

2 Likes

I agree, season 3 and 4 are weaker, sometimes rambling and loosing focus - but Ruth Negga is the definition of cool in my opinion and just a blast to watch. Also, Joseph Gilgun is a force of it’s own.
And there are many extremely controversial and therefore very funny scenes that makes me keep (re)watching!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Preacher. Yeah, the last two seasons were an acid fever dream, but I dug the characters all the way to the final episode. .

3 Likes

I’m working on the final season of Mr Robot. I just discovered it about 2 weeks ago, I don’t know how I missed it in 2017.

2 Likes

They filmed some of that in my neighborhood, the scenes at the house with loads of xmas decos and the house Carly Chaikin’s character visits for christmas. They filmed in ~March-ish. Was very odd seeing xmas decorations go up all over the place.

Great great series.

1 Like

That would have been cool to see! By missing itnwhen it came out, we get to binge the whole thing!

So many good things of late:
Fargo 4 was insanely good
Life and Beth new season was great
Love on the Spectrum - still one of my favorites, really done well.

Rewatching “Westworld” with the absolutely stunning Thandiwe Newton!
One of the most underrated actresses of our time, unfortunately!

2 Likes