What's everyone's favorite song to play?

My favorite type of music is metal or alternative rock. But I like playing primus and anything from all that remains or RHCP OH AND RATM

6 Likes

I would love to play any of that but it is all still out of reach.
I do like funky stuff, or oddball things though to play.
Funky things just feel good though.

5 Likes

Funk I love funk, Rock, and definitely contemporary R&B.

5 Likes

I find I play a lot of blues and blues based stuff. Like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Cramps

I want to pick up Sir Duke, not there yet

8 Likes

Enter Sandman at the moment

2 Likes

I picked up sir duke a while back but my slurring is still “in progress” lol.

4 Likes

Just getting back into it but have a wide range of music I like to play. Anything from Blues to Death Metal (SRV, Eric Clapton, Lynard Skynard, Kiss, Accept, Emperor, Winter).

3 Likes

I like playing the Staple Singers, CCR, Bunny Wailer, Gregory Isaacs and a little George Harrison.

2 Likes

Right I didn’t say I was pro at these songs but I’ve been learning them and there fun. And I’ve always payed close attention to bass players I caught on to bass pretty quickly and the slap has been coming along very nicely as well. No pro not even close but I play every day 4-5 hours a day after I work 3-4 hrs and then homeschool my kids. So I make sure to fit in bass. But thanks for being a jerk. Learn to say something to someone without being a complete ass.

8 Likes

I’ll bet you can with a little bit of time spent breaking things down etc. like Josh’s how to play Hysteria video :+1:

At the moment, pretty much anything by The Dollyrots :joy:
Mostly fairly simple, but really fun to mess around playing :smile:

1 Like

bit harsh, no?
nobody said anything about playing well, just what we enjoy playing, for a bit of fun :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I dig playing classic rock stuff, lots of AC/DC and Styx, and 80s/90s pop/alternative like The Cardigans, Garbage, DEVO, and the like.

AMAZING bass line. I, too, am not anywhere near there yet. Love to play it someday, though.

4 Likes

A little exercise on SBL called “Steel Maiden”. Really fast 8th note with a quick transition. Gets my fingers warmed up really quickly.

1 Like

Anything by U2, particularly from their beginnings through 2000-ish.

2 Likes

It could have been my fault entirely. @Kalin probably seen my post on slapping.

Call it coincidence, but @pinkBassgrl88 just so happened to started a post on slapping and was immediately replied by a Slapping pros from a social media I just thought it was so odd with timing as slapping topic is not very common here and to have newly registered member posting minutes of each other just stood out to me.

Since then I chalked it up as a coincidence no harm no foul. Lol. She’s a good sport.

2 Likes

I love U2

3 Likes

Ah geez thanks, sorry dad joke, lol. Just the other day my daughter asked me to spell iCup.

3 Likes

Lol I C YOU PEE LOL THATS FUNNY.

2 Likes

That’s what happen when you wait to have kids later in life. Lol.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking how old are you an how old is your daughter?

1 Like