What's up with Wombat

Been scarce here lately and though not MIA yet thought I might catch everyone up

Basically having some heart issues. Took a ride to the ER because I was having issues, and my heart rate was under 50, my BP was 80/54, and a limp dishrag had nothing on me.

In a Toby-like moment, they had me on the table doing a CT scan with high contrast dye, where they wrap you up like a mummy. I was only vaguely aware of what’s going on as my brain wasn’t getting enough o2 to fully function.

So here I am with the machine spinning around me, and I have a little pop on my left arm, and then a growing liquid sensation as a puddle forms around me. I was bleeding out.

I uttered my famous words, “I’m wet”

They pulled me out and slapped a hemostat on. boy what a mess, but the adrenaline jolt of bleeding out snapped me out of it back to full cognitive function and I’ve been fine ever since.

Should add I was 8 hours into it at this point.

So what was it? Anyone’s guess. My CT scan shows no heart blockages, I’ve had more blood panels done than I knew existed, and literally everything is in normal range.

So now to see a cardiologist, but it may happen again.

Really worn out by this, and after a work day too tired to engage here. But I’m okay-ish. Looking forward to sleeping this weekend.

30 Likes

Thanks for the update @Wombat-metal . I’m sorry to hear about all this, but glad you’re okay. Hang in there and do what needs to be done…
Please keep us posted.

Pam

8 Likes

Ugh, what a scary experience. Good luck with the cardiologist finding something, hopefully addressable by meds or something noninvasive.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear! It’s good the CT scans were negative! Hope it’s nothing serious.

7 Likes

I was thinking today while driving that we hadn’t heard from you and was going to post in the MIA thread tonight!

I’m glad your ok at the moment from that very scary experience. Do make sure you push those doctors for an answer. In the mean time, lots of fluids and healthy food. Lots of rest. Take it easy man.

Let us know the prognosis and get well soon!!

8 Likes

Best wishes @Wombat-metal… Hope all works out well.

7 Likes

Man, I’m sorry you’re going through this. I hope everything is cleared up and you feel better soon. Hang in there, buddy.

6 Likes

I’m clearly not a doctor @Wombat-metal but thinking outside the box here. Would some sort of new Bass pedal improve your overall condition?
#nobadideas

Pob lwc

9 Likes

Good suggestion. Wonder what what give me the most improvement?

5 Likes

Terrifying - glad you are still in the waking world! Thanks for letting us know what’s been going on with you.

I don’t know that this would give you improvement, but it would commemorate the experience? (probably super-inappropriate but when has that stopped me before?):
Inappropriate

6 Likes

I don’t know my friend, however I listened to an episode of the ‘Hidden Brain’ podcast where they discussed the placebo effect.
TL:DR - If you ‘believe’ the pedal will have a positive effect then it’s more likely to gain a positive result. The brain is very odd. Merely believing in something shouldn’t work, but it does (sometimes).
I’m sure @John_E could use his comprehensive pedal knowledge to recommend a suitable candidate.

6 Likes

Man, that sucks. I’m glad you’re feeling better and I hope they find some answers for you.

What caused the bleed on your arm? That’s just weird.

5 Likes

Jesus, man, what a shitty thing to go through. Here’s to hoping it never happens again and you walk away from the experience unscathed.

6 Likes

Great to hear from you @Wombat-metal , thank you for taking the time to catch us up. I like what @John_E said, and push those doctors for answers. Get some rest and let us know how you are recuperating.

7 Likes

Go Big.
Go Gamechanger or Origin Effects.
You earned it.

Although @kristine’s reco is apropos as hell. Lol.

5 Likes

Found it!

9 Likes

feel better. Hope it gets sorted soon.

5 Likes
4 Likes

The brachial artery in your elbow is a big honking artery direct to the heart. Why they use it to inject dye

7 Likes

They had me at 37 seconds with the cowbells

4 Likes