Where are you guys from?

Still bad, will always be bad.

The ONLY time I enjoyed it was when I was Chairman’s preferred on American and they picked me up at the plane and drove me from the BA terminal to the AA terminal near the lounge. A nice perk but not worth the travel to get it.

2 Likes

Just have flown to London City so far :grin:

2 Likes

Born in Ipswich (I support those Tractor Boys).
I’ve lived in Southampton since 2005.
Dad is from Philidelphia (I have duel citizenship) so a life long Eagles fan as well #flyeaglesfly

5 Likes

Heathrow Terminal 5 is fine. The rest needs to be demolished.

5 Likes

Greek - Canadian Academic / Programmer living in the US since 2012.

… Yeah.

4 Likes

Outside Philadelphia myself.
#flyeaglesfly

5 Likes

Sterling, IL

Anyone else from Illinois?

4 Likes

Canary Islands!

5 Likes

I used that thing to type out fortran programs in university for my under grad… that was a couple years ago lol. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m Cuban born, raised in Miami, FL, and currently living in NYC (Manhattan) for the past 12 years.

Looking to get out of the city and into some open space type of place!

Hope to get to know as many of you as possible. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

hey @Pablo
I didnt realize you were NYC based.

Go here and shop, just over the bridge in NJ…
There is no bigger selection in the area, and they have a LOT more than listed.
Jay (owner) has been there 39 years and really helpful.
It’s small, but mighty.
http://www.newjerseyguitarandbasscenter.com/Basses.htm

4 Likes

Thanks man, I’ll check them out!

3 Likes

Raised in Louisiana, but now living in Lubbock, Texas. Lots of dust and cotton!

Andrew.

3 Likes

I’ve been an Illinoisan for most of my life…born in Belleville on Scott AFB. My dad was Air Force and we ended up living in Tripoli Libya, which is where my brother Brian was born. Mom and Dad got divorced in 1967 and Mom remarried and lived in the Peoria, IL area before moving north a few miles. They got divorced in 1976 and Mom remarried again and we moved further north to a small town called Lacon, which is where I went to high school. I then went away to college in Arizona (Glendale Community College @PamPurrs ) and majored in journalism. I’m not fond of heat, so after a year in Phoenix I moved back to Lacon and went to Illinois Central College in East Peoria where I finished my associates degree in broadcasting. After a year of working, I went back to college and got my associates in journalism…I’ve been a writer since high school but now I work for the Postal Service (26 years). We lived in Peoria for 10 years while I worked in radio and then the postal service before getting a new job in the LaSalle Post Oiffice, which is were I am now. We live about 15 minutes away in a town of 5600 right off I-80.

3 Likes

I’m very familiar with that area, having been born and raised in the city of Chicago. Contrary to your feelings, I will take these hot Arizona summers in exchange for beautiful and pleasant winters any day over the 30 years of brutal winters I endured growing up in Chicago. :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

I live close enough to Chicago to know exactly what you mean. Dad lived near 83rd and Indian School Rd. for years and that’s where I was when I lived there. Glendale has grown considerably since I was there in 1981. The Westridge Mall (now Desert Sky) was just being completed then. Dad now lives down near Tucson and my brother is in Fort Thomas near Safford. Dad’s been trying to get us to move down there into his house (Brian is across the street) because he’s in the Veteran’s Home near Tucson, but there are a lot of things keeping us from doing that, namely my job since I can’t retire for 4 years.

4 Likes

I’m from northern England.

3 Likes

I may have answered this already, but for all the new Bad A$$es here my driver’s license has a New Jersey address on it, but my job takes me away from the east coast most of the year. Currently, I’m in Kapolei, Hawaii.

3 Likes

I’m from the Netherlands, I live exactly in the middle, about a 30 min. drive from Amsterdam. I’m brand new bass player with no musical background or experience apart from starting to play the ukelele 3 years ago. Nevertheless I played my first little gig last september (see profile pic), with the only bassline I then knew :joy:.

6 Likes

Another Dutchie! Welcome to the forums @MF :grinning: :netherlands:

3 Likes