Where are you guys from?

from a suburb of providence rhode island (then again all of rhode island is a suburb of providence)

now in rochester, new york.
before that baltimore, maryland (short teaching gig)
before that richmond, virginia (grad school)
and before that was in rhode island (for life and my undergrad degree) other than a 4 year stint in syracuse new york where i excelled in failing out of college my first try around.

5 Likes

In surburban Melbourne, Australia.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike_NL :blush: I’m looking forward to this journey!

3 Likes

I’m originally from Vancouver, B.C., Canada but am currently in San Jose, CA. I plan on moving back to Canada when I retire which hopefully will be sooner rather than later. I am tired of being surrounded by Teslas and Range Rovers.

4 Likes

Not sure if I ever replied here but I grew up in Saginaw Michigan and now live near DC in Alexandria Virginia.

4 Likes

Small world @athosmr2003…. I grew up in Southern Illinois and am very familiar with Scott AFB. I grew up on a farm outside of Troy Ill back in the ‘50-‘60’s… Went to school in Collinsville…

4 Likes

Did a stint in DC back in 2001-2008 working for the DOI. Lived in Bristow VA during that time…

4 Likes

I Was stationed out if Sub Base Pearl Harbor on Oahu for a couple years in ‘71-‘73 when I was on the diesel sub Sailfish.

2 Likes

Griff has been everywhere man.

3 Likes

Very familiar with Sub Base and Pearl Harbor Ship Yard. We designed and installed an RF based flood alarm system about 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Born in Santa Monica, CA, but quickly moved to Fountain Valley (@T_dub) then back to LA. Went to San Diego for school then grad school in Indiana and realized seasons are best for vacationing than living in. Back in Nor Cal after school, working at various companies that pay pretty well for typing…on whatever your preferred keyboard is…

2 Likes

Hawaii > southeast Virginia > Tucson, Arizona > back to Virginia > Northern Virginia (seriously, a different world than SE VA) > Maryland > DC for the last 12 years

2 Likes
2 Likes

There can be more than one (in this case).

2 Likes

Brittany, French West Coast for me !

3 Likes

Did you go to FVHS?

2 Likes

Did not. Courreges though. We moved back to Los Angeles as I started junior high. Spent a lot of time at Mile Square park too. And Gemco…

2 Likes

I did 5th and 6th at Courreges, that was when they split up the schools into k thru 5 and middle 6-7-8. I went to Fulton for 7 and 8.

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha, oh you mean Target. LOL. I remember that place. What about Fedco too

2 Likes

FedCo was a treat! Special occasions going in there…

1 Like