Where are you guys from?

I probably put this in the wrong area - but - where is everyone from? I am close to Toronto Canada. Hope everyone is safe and enjoying this course - lovin it so far. Cheers

11 Likes

Hi @Graphics1988!

I’m from Lisbon, Portugal

8 Likes

I think everyone knows already that I’m German and from Cologne since I don’t fail to mention it often :wink:
Polish on the mothers side.
A word that is fun to tell non-polish speakers try to pronounce: Luck

Unfortunately I forget the language more and more. Since my Grandmother died I barely talk polish at all. A shame.

7 Likes

Originally from Virginia, but I joined the Air Force forever ago and have spent the last 35+ years in Asia…currently working outside Yokohama…but Tokyo Rat rolls much easier than Yokohama Rat so there we are.

10 Likes

Western Iowa along the Iowa-Nebraska border in the US.

6 Likes

Good to meet you all. Thanks for the responses. Have a great weekend :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Born and raised in Chicago. Moved to Dallas at the age of 30 where I lived for 23 years working in print media. Then Colorado Springs for a couple of years, and Los Angeles for a few years. I retired from the media while in L.A. but later decided to start a second career, and moved to Portland, Oregon where I attended law school. After graduating with a Paralegal Degree, I moved to Phoenix, Arizona where I worked in the legal field for 10 years. I am now retired again, and am considering a third career as a musician.
I currently live in Phoenix.

10 Likes

Born in Detroit, raised in the 'burbs, fled for the military when I was 18 (no, I wasn’t wanted by the cops). Spend 20 years in the military, 17 of those years as a musician. Fifteen years spent in Germany (stationed in Berlin when the Wall went down). Lived in 8 different states since retirement from the Army and I’M TIRED OF MOVING AROUND. We’re planted now in the Little Rock, AR area.

11 Likes

I was born on Minot AFB, ND. From there, moved to March AFB in Riverside, CA. Next was Spokane, WA, followed by Salt Lake City, UT, on to San Antonio, TX, back to SLC, UT, few years in Madison, WI, a year in Marianna, FL and now back home to Salt Lake City.

I made my living in IT with a focus in Data Security and Enterprise Network Administration. I’ve passionately loved writing my whole life. I’ve been “retired” for a few years now due to a terminal genetic kidney condition and am now enjoying every day with my wife of near five years and our two rat shite little dogs.

Most importantly, welcome to you friend! I’m so far passed obsessed with Letterkenny (hope you know the show) that there is a high chance I’m going to pretend you’re from there just so I can brandish my Canadian slang. :rofl:

7 Likes

Grew up in tiny town near Wichita, Ks. Spent 4 years in Salt Lake City, UT for college (majored in journalism). Moved back to KS and worked in hospitality management. Then back and forth between New Mexico and Missouri for a number of years. Met my second wife in New Mexico and moved to a tiny little town in Illinois and traded the career to be a stay at home dad and support my wife in pursuing her career and degree. Now, the kids are all grown up and life is very good. Now the wife is supporting me in my dreams.
Remember, behind every good man, is an incredible woman.

10 Likes

Were you stationed at Yokota Air base?

4 Likes

Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, my current driver’s license address says Northern NJ but my work takes me all over the world. I’m usually more away from NJ than in it. For the next 5 weeks I’m currently in New London, CT.

8 Likes

France

7 Likes

Nice meeting you. Very sad to hear of your health issues.
Letterkenny…lol…you better pretend…that’s all I can say. Ahhaa.
My area is about 45min drive from Toronto into the country…no neighbours in sight allow me to crank up my gawd awful playing. All the best pal

5 Likes

Great to hear the responses guys…a little insight is very interesting and fun.
I’m too chicken to live in the toronado zones down south…I will take shovelling snow off the driveway three months a year ANY DAY. (plus my ATV has a plow…and beer holder eh?!)
Ha

6 Likes

I’m from the south coast of the UK, just north of Southampton in Hampshire now. Have always lived around the south of the UK. Grew up in Portsmouth.
My father was a Royal Marine and was stationed in many places around the world, and while stationed in Malta he met my Maltese mother.
My older brother and sister got to live in many exotic places around the globe, but by the time I was born my father was not travelling any more, so it was Portsmouth for me and then moving around the south coast.
I love my part Maltese roots and have the best memories of long summers spent in Malta running around the island with my two Maltese twin cousins who were just 5 days older than me. Our parents never heard half the stuff we got up to as young teenagers being left to enjoy the island by ourselves.

10 Likes

Born and raised as a city boy in The Hague, The Netherlands. As long as I can remember wanting anything, I’'ve always wanted to live outside the city.

On my fourtieth birthday, I went to see a place 10 miles east of Utrecht, of which the owner said “it’s on the edge of a village”. Daaaang, yoou couldn’t even SEE the village – it was four miles away! I loved it to bits, we lived there for 17 years. Nearest neighbours were 300 meters away.
Five years ago, we decided that 2200 square feet (200 square meters) was a bit over the top for two people and a cat… and that almost 9000 square feet of garden took more to maintain than we wanted to muster at our age (pushing sixty), so we moved to Waarder, a small village further west. We have a nice brick & concretye house with around 2/3 of the floorspace and a much smaller garden, far away from any city hustle – the only reason why people drive through our street is because they have to be there (it doesn’t lead to anything else). It’s also closer to my wife’s family, and to our kids and grandkids.

10 Likes

Your topic is fine, @Graphics1988 . . . I moved it from general Bass Chat to the Lounge since it is non-bass-guitar related . . . :slight_smile:

I’m from the Northeastern U.S. currently living in Norfolk, Virginia . . :slight_smile:

Thanks for your post, and glad to have you here with us!

Cheers, Joe

7 Likes

Kind of the same theories here except just built a far too big custom House three years ago…with the crazy gardens all over…it’s a full rotation of weeding and planting all week, then do it all again the next week. Fortunately my wife is the green thumb…plus my back isn’t great…was hoping for surgery but alas, won’t be happening for awhile yet. Fusion of lower vertibrae is recommended after 60yrs old…ten more to go.
Wished I had built a smaller place but had the three acres of forest.
Thanks for the details guys…cheers

7 Likes

I was born in the same city as Albert Einstein (but also lived there for roughly 30 more years than he did).

I lived in the US for a while, close to the place where they enriched uranium for, yeah, making things like “Fat Man” and “Big Boy”.

For the last 20 or so years I lived in the city where Niels Bohr did a lot of his thinking and calculating…

And yet, I am not a physicist… :wink:

12 Likes