Where are you guys from?

Gunnison, Colorado is home. It’s a rural little town just down valley from Crested Butte.

I migrated from the East coast to Colorado in 1990 for college. Most of my high school days were spent in Vermont ski racing.

I have to admit that NJ is my home state, and most of my family is back East. You can take the man out of jersey, but you can’t take the jersey out of the man.

8 Likes

I live in Dallas, Texas. I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, grew up there and in Houston, Texas and lived for 10 years in Denver, Colorado.

7 Likes

I’ve been there many times when we skied in Crested Butte (one of my favorite ski areas).

6 Likes

Cool. It’s some of the best terrain in the world when it actually snows…

6 Likes

Viel Gluck? ( I need an umlaut!)

5 Likes

I give you all* of them: Ä Ö Ü ä ö ü

(*) In my language

5 Likes

I know that area, my wife is from Cherokee, IA!

5 Likes

Chemist maybe! I got my degree in Chemie.

I was born and raised in Houston, TX. To my European friends in the forum, I am descended from the English,Scots, Irish, and Germany…with Cherokee Indian thrown in for good measure. I work in IT in Health Care. Speak smattering of German and Spanish.

7 Likes

Got it in one :grin:

4 Likes

For the want of an Umlaut (a word which is spelled without so much as even one Umlaut), you can add an e at the end:
Viel Glueck.

5 Likes

Cool! I live just south of Council Bluffs.

3 Likes

Ah, sehr gut! If I were using a windows box, a could use an Alt-“special character code” to get it, but I’ll take take that “ue” ! I wish I had that trick on my Linux box!

4 Likes

A good people. One of them wondered down here to go to school – I just couldn’t let her go home! She’s been a captive for 30 years now.

6 Likes

@mmrunyan1, may I ask where in New Mexico and where in Illinois? I grew up in south eastern Illinois (close to a town named Oblong), and I went to college at New Mexico Tech in Socorro.

2 Likes

I live in a place with both snow and tornados. :astonished:

6 Likes

the only thing I remember for a lot of years learning german (or pretending to) is something like “entshuldigen sie mich bitte für meine vershpätung”. wich means, if I remember, “please excuse me for being late”.

I was more interested by music than by languages when I was young. and I still feel pretty young.

:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Viel Glück. Linux is such a pain! But I got it!

4 Likes

Living in a multilingual environment gives you a lot of special keys on your keyboard (that might need some cleaning BTW) :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@joeike
Las Cruces NM and Wood River, IL

5 Likes

Longview Texas USA here. Been to most of the states and several different countries though.

6 Likes