Where are you guys from?

And I’m from Luxembourg BTW. Keyboard is Swiss QWERTZ (French/German) :wink:

8 Likes

Wow. In portuguese we have keys for diactrics and we have to make the combo. The exception being ‘ç’.

At least we lost the trema (¨) with an ortographic reform. Brazilians still use it (apparently it was abolished in 1990 there)

4 Likes

I have the ç as well, only lacking the ẞ that I never remember the code for :thinking:

5 Likes

I could come with a cliché like “music is a language…”, but I probably better… oh, dang, I just did :grin:

You remembered well from German. Strangely, there is no “h” in “Verspätung” even though it sounds like you should have the “sh” sound there (which, to make the confusion complete, is generated by the “sch” combination in German).

4 Likes

not far from France but I’ve never been to Luxembourg and I always wanted to visit !

4 Likes

There’s lots of French people commuting every day to work here. But it’s a nice country to visit as well, even if everything seems pocket-sized :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Well… erm…

I sometimes switch between DE/EN QWERTZ/QWERTY keyboard layouts. Also I noticed that I type so much that after some years the ink wears off so I thought it would be better to not have anything printed on the keys in the first place. And one time I had metal keycaps on but they didn’t fit exactly so they fell off when I was typing too hard and I used the standard ones again.

I also tried to learn DVORAK one time and a special keyboard layout made by some students which was intended to be faster for German as the letters were arranged that more alternating between hands occurs for German words.

The slime blob there is “cyber clean” and what I use to get hairs and crumbs from under the keys out. I love that thing although some people dislike the slimyness.

Sorry. I got very sidetracked. I like to talk about my keyboard.

8 Likes

yeah that’s not false but between your music and mine, I guess there are a lot of musical languages :v::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Cool. It looks like you live just across the state from where I grew up. I was about 50 miles SW of Terre Haute, IN.

4 Likes

I’ve been using the same keyboard at work for 22 years. I just kept it after the first refresh because I didn’t like the new keyboard…didn’t like the 2nd new one either, and before I knew it, I had an old keyboard. Nowadays, I just hang onto it. The ink is still good on the keys, but the wear marks on on some keys. Looking at it one day I discovered that I only use 9 fingers to type!

4 Likes

@juli0r you’re a real nerd, you know that

du bist ein nerd

6 Likes

Yes.
Not ashamed of it :nerd_face:

7 Likes

why would you be ?

7 Likes

Yeah I mean we are all posting in a bass forum on the internet here. It’s a target-rich environment for us nerds :slight_smile:

I am such a keyboard geek that I require not just specific key switches, but specific sub-models of the switch. I have opinions.

6 Likes

yeah even the guys here who are not into sound/gear like us “real nerds” @howard , are nerds anyway :joy:

6 Likes

Which one? People look at me funny when I talk about keyboard switches in real life :smiley:

3 Likes

I myself am a geek and I even don’t know what you’re talking about. or, am I not a geek ? WTF ? is my whole life a lie ?!

4 Likes

It’s the thing under the keycap and mechanical keyboards come with different switches with different resistance and “activation” height. Some even use “clicky” switches that every keypress clicks like a mouse. I use Cherry MX-Brown if you want to google something :wink: I don’t know what kind of sub-model @howard is talking about so I feel a bit the same as you do :smiley:

4 Likes

oh yeah I understand what you’re talking about. I didn’t have a clue a name for this even existed :grin:

I used a IBM PS/2 keyboard for years, it clicked a lot :v::grin:

4 Likes

Uuuh, we have a vintage connoisseur! :face_with_monocle:

It was my first keyboard also, or something looking a lot like it

5 Likes