Which one is better

That’s why they make alcohol! :joy:

4 Likes

How was the 235? I mean, obviously the higher priced instrument is going to be “nicer” in significant ways, but on its own terms, would you say the 2 series is a good buy? I’ve never had an inclination toward Yamaha, but then — reading y’all’s comments and seeing Nathan East with one — I’m starting to think the BB is pretty dope. But I’m not really in a position to plunk down a lot of money for their higher end stuff. Let me know what you think.

Hey, I finally figured out how to quote someone!

Yeah, I love the looks of my Torino Green Gretsch. That Les Paul vibe, that deep green finish, and a lovely “retro” style strap that highlights and contrasts perfectly… [Its in my profile pic.]

Just sitting over there, it makes me want to play it. And certainly, if I were purchasing a second bass, I’d want it to look dope. Which for me would mean the BB — just ‘cause that’s my vibe. The Warwick style is growing on me, but like I’d never really be drawn to it or one of the more modern Yamahas. That’s just me.

1 Like

The entire BB line is great, including the 234.

1 Like

So true. My Gretsch sounds fine and dandy once you get outside of the house. Anything it lacks tonally is a moot point in a band situation at live volumes. Besides, the material ranges so much; you couldn’t possibly switch out for the “right” sound on each and every song.

That said, I’d go for the PJ setup if you want versatility.

1 Like

Looks Matter. I wouldn’t own a bass that didn’t appeal to me. My basses are also art.

4 Likes