Why did I think I could walk into a music store and not spend any money?

20 Likes

Welcome to the hofner club :wink: It will feel really different than your other basses. Does it have flats on it?

5 Likes

Yup

5 Likes

Nice!

I am not a Beatles fan so I was super, super surprised by how much I loved the tone of those things.

5 Likes

I had some time to kill so I stopped at Milanos (my favorite music store) just to chew the fat with some of the people I know there. I wasn’t planning to buy anything.
I ran into my friend Ron (guitar player) in the parking lot, and we walked in together. As we walked over to the bass area, I was telling him about the great article that @Wombat-metal had posted regarding Paul Mccartney and his Hofner, when Ron pointed at the wall and exclaimed, “Look Pam, they’ve got a Beatle bass”.
Next thing I remember, I was at the checkout register with my debit card in my hand.
I plead insanity.

13 Likes

@PamPurrs This is why I am glad I live in the mountains I can’t just go in and spend every last dime I have! Great looking bass though

7 Likes

I dont know if you will be able to play that Pam @PamPurrs,
its missing a string :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

I’ll adapt. It would be sacrilege to even inquire about a 5 string Beatle bass. :woozy_face:

5 Likes

I am actually finding it a bit difficult to play the 4 string now that i have jumped onto the 5er.
seems like there is a mile between each string on the 4 Pam @PamPurrs
cheers brian

6 Likes

Yeah, I demoed it in the store and it was a bit of a challenge. But I’ve always wanted a Hofner, so I’ll just have to deal with it.

5 Likes

That’s why I never liked my 5. Strings were just too close together and even after months, still really preferred a 4.

8 Likes

Nothing like NEW GEAR DAY!!! Congrats on your purchase. I always dread explaining to the wife why I need ANOTHER bass. It’s like I might as well be explaining it in Chinese to her or something. Lol

9 Likes

Fred (my bass guy at Milanos) pulled it off the wall and handed it to me, and I was like “Holy crap, my leather strap weighs more than this thing” LOL.

5 Likes

Congratulations @PamPurrs

I’m not even looking online at basses now. I have no self control :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I know! Hollow bodies are awesome for that. So light!

5 Likes

Nice! So shiny!

5 Likes

Yeah, today started out like any other day… bacon and eggs, a couple hours of bass practice, ran a few errands, lunch, a couple of beers, and then BOOOOM! I suddenly own a new Hofner bass.
How did that happen?
Sara took it well though, she’s very understanding of my G.A.S. attacks.

6 Likes

Understanding is nice. Most people don’t get it.

6 Likes

She’s beauty, I can tell that there are tons of great songs in that one and that is just me looking at the picture

9 Likes

Welcome to the Hofner club @PamPurrs!

6 Likes