Why did I think I could walk into a music store and not spend any money?

Is that “temporary” insanity, Pam @PamPurrs ? . . . :wink:

Congrats on your new Hofner and hope you have lots of fun with it!

All best, Joe

5 Likes

Thanks Joe @Jazzbass19

5 Likes

Thanks @JerryP

4 Likes

I just got a call from the luthier at Milanos. The setup on my Hofner should be completed right after lunch and I can come by and pick her up.

6 Likes

My one frustration is where to put my thumb on my plucking hand. With the pickup placement, there just isn’t a “right” spot for me. I’ll be interested to get your take.

4 Likes

I use floating thumb so it doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

Same, it’s just when you are up on that E, it feels funny, no issue otherwise.

5 Likes

My biggest issue is going to be getting used to the missing B string lol

5 Likes

i just hate the look of hof’s, but that’s just personal preference. it is amazing how everybody that tries one just loves the hell out of them.

6 Likes

I was surprised. I was predisposed to hate it and walked away thinking it had really surprisingly good tone.

Kinda wanted to grab a pick and punk the F out of it to see how it worked.

3 Likes

Awesome @PamPurrs! I can’t wait to see one of your Covers on it!

4 Likes

F F F F | F F F F | F F F F | F F F F

I smell a summer hit

7 Likes

Actually I started work on one yesterday. I was originally planning to do it on my Yammie, but I’m going to do it on the Hofner instead.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your Hofner! I love mine - been playing it for two years. The rich tone is amazing. And yes, it is so light - when you pick up a solid body bass after playing this one for a while, its a shock. Enjoy your new bass!

5 Likes

Thanks @tlprether. I weighed it and it’s only 4.6 lbs compared to over 9 lbs on my Yamaha BB735. The tone is awesome too.
I suspect the Hofner may become my main axe.

5 Likes

Yeah, and I saw a blind test Julia did with 5 basses, one a Hofner, and of the three tests she did, finger, pick and slap, the Hofner was in the top 1-2 of all three, and that was blind. I was actually a little disappointed to find out it was teh Hoffner.

It is almost like the epitome of NOT PUNK ROCK of a bass, but ehh, sounds sweet as can bee, so its a toss up.

I can’t say if I will ever own one, but i would be interested in at least trying one out.

3 Likes

That would be a SHOCKER. Its not a 5 and its not a Yammy, and it doesn’t have a custom pick guard, how could this happen?

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

But it’s so light, and easy to play, and sounds so goooooooooood!

I’m so torn :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

I don’t see how anyone could do a BLIND test with a Hofner. The moment you pick it up you have to know what you’re holding.

4 Likes