Wich song makes you rush or drag?

So I’m learning Time Bomb by Rancid and the thing is crazy fast. I have a really hard time syncing to the drum. Some times I play a bit too fast and sometimes I’m playing a bit too slow.

Everytime, I see myself as the drummer of the movie Whiplash. Getting screamed at : ARE YOU RUSHING OR ARE YOU DRAGGING??? and getting slapped in the face. At least I know wich one I am doing. One of my favorite movies of all time so it is good to recall it from times to times =)

So what song makes you rush or drag?

2 Likes

This is something I struggled with for a while but seemed to correct itself with time and practice in general. I think it’s self correcting which experience.

1 Like

Easier to do if you slow the song down. I am trying to learn Breaking the Law, and there is a lot of chugging at speed. Just my inexperience. Will work itself out

Of course once I have it done and my cover recorded I can deny there was ever a problem. No proof, didn’t happen

2 Likes

Slow to 75 perecent then speed up

2 Likes

Yep, playing at speed should be the last step. Job One should be ensuring that technique is accurate and clean at slow to medium speeds.

2 Likes

Ah, one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite music movies.

Actually, this very topic was discussed here along with @JoshFossgreen 's “Ultimate Groove Workout”

1 Like