Wireless Devices

I’m looking for recommendations for wireless transmitters for practicing at home. I haven’t seen much talk about them. Thanks

1 Like

Start by using the search bar first @Tommydogg. If you find nothing there then start a new thread. Cheers

1 Like

You mean like these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q8XBMD5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them - I only paid about $20 at the time, so I figured they’d be worth a try. I have only used them for home practice, but they’re fine.

2 Likes

Thanks man, very valuable advice!

1 Like

I have these and really like them.
LEKATO Wireless Guitar System Wireless for Guitar, Rechargeable Audio Wireless Transmitter Receiver with 70 Channels UHF Wireless Guitar Transmitter and Receiver for Electric Instruments (Pink) Amazon.com

2 Likes

I have one I use from time to time.
One thing it is good at is reducing hum.
Seems to cut out one entry point for electrical noise.

2 Likes

Thanks! Right now, I’m using a Line 6 adapter, but its big and bulky. I have some cornea issues, so I use a large video monitor and it tends to induce noise. It’s funny how one issue can create another.

2 Likes

I use these. They are hit and miss. The first I bought have been working flawlessly. I bought a second pair and they kept cutting out. I returned those for another and it’s a little iffy. But still better than dealing with cords in a small space.

https://a.co/d/0TF1bpZ

2 Likes

Yeah, we’ve covered a lot of stuff in depth here by now. Wealth of threads on stuff like this.

I use this for my headphones:

https://www.amazon.com/LEKATO-Transmitter-Automatic-Rehearsal-Performance/dp/B0B3DR71RY

It’s nice and small. I have no distortions and maybe a little less base than a direct connection. Latency is virtually zero!

For my bass I use this: Harley Benton AirBorne 5.8GHz Instrument – Thomann UK

Also, no distortions and good latency:

2 Likes

Has anyone used these for recording using a DI? I’d love to get rid of some wires!
Just for practice and recording. That would be wonderful.

example, Base connected to DI wirelessly
headphones plugged into DI monitor
Vid record with OBS
Audio with Reaper

Throw it all together, and sync, with Resolve

EDIT
Re-read the last post above me.
@Whying_Dutchman Those look like they would be awesome for my recording setup.

2 Likes

For recording, take the remark about " maybe a little less bass" of the Legato MS-1 seriously.
It is good enough for practicing in my rocking chair across the room, but if I want to listen to all the subtle & tiny details of a track with my supercool, totally great and awesome Austrian Audio Hi-X60, I notice the lack of bass - compared to a cable connection.

I guess I would NEVER use (cheap) wireless to record something…

3 Likes

I would be using them (or similar as the Lekato is not available on amazon.ca) just as in ear monitors, the recording would still be going through the guitar wireless system.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hear you!

Well, you might not need all the details when playing. After all, you can save anything in the final mix :slight_smile:

PS maybe you can het the Hoerev on amazon.ca? It’s the same as the MS-1!

3 Likes

These look like the same.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0B5ZNZZZ7

The Hoerev are available too.

3 Likes

Yep!

One thing is great about those as well: the stereo/mono switch.
If I want to immerse in sound I use stereo and don’t give a f#ck about the outside world.
If I need to communicate with my dictator, I switch to mono and just listen via one ear!

3 Likes

I recently bought a VOX AMPLUG -Bass. It looks like a little tiny Vox Amp, plugs into you bass and then any headphones plug into it. It has little knobs for volume, tone etc and even has a little button for the built-in metronome, which is the icing on the cake. Super cute and very convenient for late-night use. You can get them for other electric stringed instruments too - the bass one is blue. In the US, probably $20-$30

4 Likes

This was one of my initial “mobile” solution, but the audio quality is not so good. I then went to the Fender Mustang Micro, which is MUCH better.
Later I replaced it with a Positive Grid Spark Mini - which is absokutely perfect, except from latency issues when using it as a sound card.

But none of those devices should solve @groaner 's issues, I’m afraid!

2 Likes

I use a NUX Mighty Plug for practice.(I also have the Vox)
It works great because the plug also connects to my phone via Bluetooth which allows me to play music from my phone through the mighty plug into my headphones and hear the bass at the same time. So it’s all wireless except the wire from my earbuds too my bass.

Perfect quite practice.

2 Likes

And at the end of the day it’s always more fun just to let it rip!

4 Likes