You are the only people that will care

I just got an alert that my bass was just delivered. I am stuck at the office for at least another two hours or so. I had to tell someone and you are the only ones that would care and feel my pain.

That is all. Thanks for listening.

-Russ

8 Likes

I hope the porch pirates don’t get it!

3 Likes

I immediately messaged my wife to please bring it in asap. Knock on wood, we generally don’t run into issues as my neighbor and the house across the street have people home/working from home much of the time.

3 Likes

@russeisenberg What did you get?

Sounds like an ‘emergency at home’ and a justified reason for leaving work early.

5 Likes

An Alevarez. Just like the one I used to play 20 years ago…just a different color. Delivered for $175 with bag and strap. Couldn’t pass it up.

6 Likes

Anticipation…

3 Likes

Pretty cool. I think you should tell your boss that @PeteP said you have to leave early. If they ask who Pete is, tell them it doesn’t matter right now and that you have to go. Then stay home and play your Bass till you figure out how to explain what you’ve done.

Please be advised, this completely unsolicited advice in No way guarantees you will have a job to go back to or that you get to keep the wife. Good luck.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time I was the reason somebody left work early. :wink:

4 Likes

I have 2 children, 1 of which is 11 weeks old. If I go home early, the last thing that I get to do is play with the bass…I know better. It will be a post bedtime event. Better to distract myself at work (and on the forums…)

6 Likes

For all those who worry… My wife just let me know that it is safe and sound inside.

4 Likes

Hell, just tell 'em the truth… Just tell them you’re a bit concerned since Al Verez, an old buddy and former wing man from 20 years ago just showed up at your house unexpectedly and your wife just let him in.

5 Likes

@russeisenberg I just got off the phone with your boss. He says you can head home now and play your new bass, and also to take off the rest of the week with pay so you can practice. It took some doing, but I made it happen. I told him if he has any questions to call @PeteP.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

So I am heading home now. My office is packed into a small cardboard box. My boss told me not to worry about coming back cause @PeteP was going to give me a job. Pete - Where am I headed? What’s my new profession?

5 Likes

That is hilarious.

3 Likes

@PeteP"s personal “Bagpipe Player”…

5 Likes

Come on Lanny, there wasn’t enough material just n playing bass? Long neck, stiff action…you had to go all bagpipe?

5 Likes

Given my locale, anybody in here right now is welcome to blame me.

You’ve been relocated to north east Scotland. You’re new profession - once you’ve completed the 6 week handling & safety training course - will be…

… Haggis Wrangler.

4 Likes

It’s an easy job, really… no one will try and take the haggis from you!!

4 Likes

You’d be surprised: in Scotland they’re very sort after and the thriving business in back market haggis (plural is haggii) means the Scottish prisons are full of haggis rustlers and fences.

5 Likes