You can only have one bass, what is it?

Thanks for leaving all the good ones for the rest of us! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

My pleasure! Happy to help fuel other people’s collections. Being a bad influence is fun :rofl:

7 Likes

This I know first hand man!

5 Likes

Someone posted on Reddit the other day that they have 3 basses and they don’t even play bass :joy:

6 Likes

I can relate to that person, I have 2 usa strats, 2 Mij strats and half a dozen Squier strats. I don’t play guitar either, lol.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m on my second guitar now. Still can’t play much. Like it though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just spent a month looking for a used left handed bass. Reverb seems like a good place to look. And take your time if you are looking for a used lefty. They do come up. I saw good options on facebook marketplace, gumtree and reverb.

And in answer to your question I love my current rig : a used Ibanez SR370el maple body in aged whisky burst, with a wide leather strap, a gator rigid foam case and the NUX Might Plug practice/headphone amp.

2 Likes

If I could only have one bass, which one - I made all mine so it’s like choosing which child to save in a fire; but if I could only keep one I would choose the EB2-ish one. It took nearly five months to make, most of which was learning to make a hollow guitar body. One pickup, maple body and neck, rosewood fretboard, a six capacitor varitone, Hofner tuners (no-one want neckdive). Comfortable to play standing or sitting.

7 Likes

All Sandberg models are available for lefties, that sums up to more than 20 different basses.

5 Likes

Thanks! I just added it to the list.

3 Likes

I think tone is incredibly overrated when it comes to basses, just okay something that feels good and makes you want to pick it up

5 Likes

Easily the most overrated aspect. Totally agree. Tone is easy to change later in the chain.

3 Likes

@Glitch would mind editing to include the words left handed in this thread title? Cheers

2 Likes

Probably Alembic but WAY outa my price range.

3 Likes

I hear you, @Barney - but I’ve found the benefit of going lefty is a lot less time spent at guitar stores messing around with other basses and wondering what if…not that it is 0…but less than if I was playing right handed. I mean, I’ve played some upside down in the stores, just to get a feel for different necks…so the desire isn’t eliminated, just squashed a bit.

2 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

I haven’t played enough basses in person to know what would be my preference yet. However, if I am limited to basses I currently own, I would settle on my ESP LTD Stream-205. It is versatile and comfortable to give me what I should need for life :slight_smile:

9 Likes

One of @Korrigan’s Cigar Box bass’s - Only complete with the CIGARS!! :smiley: :smiley:

11 Likes

Peter Steele apprived.

2 Likes

I have a neighbor who makes cigar box guitars and basses…
Geez…if I could only have 1 bass from my collection it would probably be the Poison Apple J Bass I built. It’s got a unique sound and it’s great to look at (and some of you said you like the neck and headstock because I used dark walnut stain and you’d never seen it before).

4 Likes