You Know You’re NOT a Professional Bassist When

You “Crucify” yourself with your air nailer when trying to please your wife by completing a “Honey-Do” project!!

Yup, I shot myself in the palm of my fretting hand… Stupid mistake, but well worth the sympathy I’m getting from my lovely wife of 45 years… I think she feels sorry for me and wants me to heel up real quick so that I can finish up the patio project I started a few days ago. Got family visiting in a week and she wants the pavers and fire pit installed before they show up. Those damn blocks are 60 lbs apiece and I’m no “Spring Chicken”!!

Then, the battery in my John Deere died and I had to replace that damn thing,… THEN, she told me this afternoon that we’re due to be “Greats” come February or March…

Getting old is NOT for the faint of heart!

Keep On Thumpin’!
Lanny

14 Likes

Ouch @Lanny,
Hope it doesn’t impact on your playing for to long.
I hear and appreciate your dilemma, but the old saying goes something like this.
Happy wife is a happy life.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Get well soon!
Don’t make it worse by carrying those 60lbs blocks around with the wound :fearful: Might be okay with working gloves though.

I, myself, am in no hurry to get old but somehow time and biology are not on board with me :frowning:

9 Likes

Block work is done @juli0r (thankfully)… but, pavers are next…

I try not to let things bother me too much and just “Keep On Kickin’ Ass!” when it comes to anything I do… I’m an old school Vietnam vet, and as @PamPurrs can vouch for, we are pretty hard core bad ass…

However,… I am feeling a tad bit old knowing that I’m gonna be a “Great-Grandpa”…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

11 Likes

Heal up quickly @Lanny

8 Likes

Never grow up!

7 Likes

No way @TNKA36 Brian!! I’ve still got a CHALLENGE to meet and I’ll be damned if I don’t deliver!! I’m still playing - maybe not to the “best” that I can do, but… I might not be a professional, but I am a BADASS!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

That’s it you got set up by the daughters and grand kids @Lanny,
Rock on FLEA :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Really sorry to hear all that, @Lanny . . . :neutral_face:

Sure hope you recover fully and quickly SOON!

All best, Joe

5 Likes

It sucks this will put a damper on your playing but you did it working for your family and doing manly shit. That gets two thumbs up and a metal.

:+1: :metal: :+1:

10 Likes

Looks an awesome outdoor space you have @Lanny. I fact it looks a beautiful area you live in !
Hope you’re hand heals up fast. Can be dangerous things those power tools :hammer_and_wrench:

4 Likes

Ouch Lanny, not a great place for healing. Still best thing is to work on.
Congratulations on becoming Great Grand Parents.
Jamie
:guitar: :slight_smile: :guitar:

5 Likes

Thanks @mac… It’s been an ongoing project over the last few years since I’ve retired, and every year when I say I’m done, my wife just comes up with more to do… Life in the country… She’s already got plans for another patio addition on the other end of the house… I recorded one of my original songs on a portion of last years addition this spring… https://go-low.billlanahan.com/wp/2020/04/25/drainin-da-swamp/

Gonna lay pavers today and hopefully have the fire pit installed by the weekend… AND I still gotta work on my challenge song…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

4 Likes

That video is cool as :+1:
Good luck with the paving @Lanny

1 Like

Maybe a bit @eric.kiser… What’s kickin’ my ass down here is the damn humidity!! And with the heat, the water temp in the damn pool is at 89 degrees​:hot_face::sweat_smile::hot_face:

I’m still gonna face my challenge!! A bit tough practicing yesterday evening, but as an old WWII Submarine Chief Engineman told me years ago when I was a young upcoming submarine engineman,…

“There ain’t no hills when you’re a ‘High Stepper’ Lanny!”…

Keep on Humpin’, Thumpin’, and Kickin’ Ass!!
Lanny

4 Likes

Great video, @Lanny . . . “Draining the Swamp” . . . :wink: lol

That’s how it feels sometimes! :+1:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Agree @Jamietashi… But, better a nail gun shot in the fretting palm than a hammer smash on a fretting finger!! And thanks,… we’re a bit excited to experience what being a “Great” will be like…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::+1::+1: Yup! It was a fun song to play… Swapping files Back and forth was a bit of a challenge, but it all worked out…

3 Likes

I wanted to be on a sub when I was a young man, but people told me I was too tall. 20 years later when I was working with a guy who served on the Florida, he told, “Too tall? We used to job laps in that thing!”

2 Likes

at least your place is stunning !

2 Likes