Your effect pedals?

Hi all,

In the past, I always added my effect pedal to my playing. Since I do the B2B course, I disconnected it.

Later on I’ll add it again. Not because of the effects, but because of the added drum computer. It’s really nice.

I do have a ZOOM B2.1X.

What do you have?

7 Likes

1289 posts for your reading pleasure:

4 Likes

I don’t have any, because I still haven’t been able to make up my mind whether I want to go with a multi effects unit or with individual pedals

3 Likes

…and if you want another collecting hobby, which, it turns out is just as addictive as the bass collecting part….more so.

3 Likes

Yep that’s the biggest reason why I don’t want to go with pedals. I already have EUR 1.5k worth of pedals on my wish list… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Me too! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

@Alex_G We have a lot of Zoom pedal fans around here.

1 Like

I am not a fan of multifunctional ‘I do all for you’ pedals. I prefer one trick ponys, which can be replaced if necessary without loosing other functions. Currently I use three, preamp, compressor and tuner.

5 Likes

I used to have a huge pedalboard covered with every pedal you can imagine. I have since sold all the pedals and the board, and now just play directly into a VTBassDI. I do have a Zoom B3n but rarely use it. The only effect I may add occasionally is a little chorus, but that’s it.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the 844 posts in My First Pedalboard! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If that tuner doesn’t say ‘By your command’ when you press the switch then the marketing team have missed a trick there. Obscure 70’s TV reference for the younger readers on this forum :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just bought a Zoom B1X Four last week, have only toyed around with it a little bit, but I think the drum beat machine and the looper will be of great use and fun for me

6 Likes

That B1X Four is a nice box. I used to have one prior to getting my B3n, but never found a use for the drum or looper features. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Just had a brief look at the feature list. WOW. What a surprise it can’t make popcorn :popcorn::wink::wink:

Honestly, I am too old-school for stuff like that. I need to see all dials in one view and do adjustments just by turning a knob.

5 Likes

I have a tuner, a compressor, and a preamp. That’s it. I also have a synth pedal but have not tamed it yet, so it’s not on my board. Will get back to it someday.

5 Likes

I used to be about $1000-1500 into a pedalboard but sold it all and now do all my effects in software and am about ten times happier.

I tend to use a lot of effects, as you can probably tell.

4 Likes

How far are you into plugins? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

um… more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have an inventory app for insurance purposes, and can only say that it is not good to add things up.

3 Likes

That’s what its knobs are for :rofl:

2 Likes