Youscian Opinion

The B2B lessons are awesome! I am learning more then I expected, well worth the time and money for them. This forum is also cool :slight_smile:

What do people think about Yousician? While I know it’s not complete musical training it’s a fun little game to play and you do need to play the right notes at the right time :slight_smile:

It is kinda expensive but I enjoy working thru their exercises and going for the gold stars.

3 Likes

It’s ok. My main issue with it was not being able to manually adjust the syncing. Worked fine through my laptop or phone, but I wanted it on the TV and the auto sync was always half a second off which made it really annoying.

It seems like a good tool for learning music notation though as you have the different views.

I’m hoping the new Rocksmith+ coming out later this year (hopefully) will work well on the TV.

3 Likes

The syncing issue would be a killer.

I wish it would also detect when you played a note when you are not suppose to – Just to really nail accuracy 100%

Rocksmith+ – Interesting I will have to keep an eye out for that.

3 Likes

Problem with playing on the TV is that TVs often add quite some latency because they do some processing on the picture. So the picture ist delayed often by more than 100ms, and so is the sound.

Some TVs have options to turn off some or all of the post-processing, or a gaming mode to get the latency low. That is something you can look into, if you can get the latency on your TV down.

2 Likes

Original Rocksmith (2014) is on sale right now on Steam. You might want to take a look.

eta: Using Rocksmith 2014 Remastered for practice

1 Like

I have Rocksmith 2014 on my Xboxes (360 and One) and there are no latency issues. It also identifies missed (under/over the pitch) and late notes I really look forward to Rocksmith+

2 Likes

That’s good news. And the new version will have tab too.

1 Like