Zero fret

This looks interesting post a video of how it sounds to nice you get it installed

2 Likes

The mail here is absolutely terrible at the moment @PamPurrs. Iā€™ve ordered a few things relatively locally and itā€™s taken a couple of weeks for them to arrive. A birthday card from the UK took over 6 weeks!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely give it a go @LesterH

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s had a good trip @PamPurrs :scream:

2 Likes

Looks like it finally made it to AU though, thatā€™s a good thing. Now it just has to get to Melbourne and then to your house.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it AAAAAAAEG
Would that make a difference on the 5 string for you?

1 Like

Yes it is, I left out the G after the E. Good catch!

I could either hit the G with my pinky or, for effect, slide over 3 frets to it, then pop back up to the 5th fret on the E string for the following Aā€™s or play the G on the 3rd fret of the E string. Iā€™d have to play around with it to see which is more efficient.

Maybe Psycho Killer wasnā€™t the best example, but you get the idea

2 Likes

I just played it and it is actually better to play the open E string for that 8th note and then the G on the 3rd fret.

Psycho Killer was definitely not a good example for my point :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I did not mean to pick apart your point, I am sure that more times then not, you have better options on your 5 string.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s the point. Sometimes you will be playing up around the octave and need to hit a note corresponding to one of the open strings. Itā€™s often way more convenient to hit the open string than the 10th fret two strings down if you have other notes on the same string, etc.

As a concrete example, try and play Hysteria at even 3/4 speed without using the open A or E strings. You probably can, but itā€™s way, way less convenient, and would also mess with the groove anyway.

2 Likes

Indeed!

1 Like

@Mac Did zero fret ever get to you?

3 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting on delivery @eric.kiser !
Itā€™s in Australia at the Office of Exchange awaiting transfer to Australia Post. Estimated delivery is this coming Wednesday. So realistically Iā€™m looking at next week.

3 Likes

Holy crap this has got to be the slowest delivery in history. Thank Goddess itā€™s not life saving medicine youā€™re waiting for.

3 Likes

I know right!
Everything is taking weeks to get to me atm. The Mikro was sat at a delivery depot so close I could almost touch it for days on end. The zero fret kit has been in Melbourne ages. Iā€™ve even been waiting for a couple of weeks for a fuel tap for the Harley and that was from a dealer in Melbourne

3 Likes

Well itā€™s finally here ! ( along with a drop D tuner and reverb pedal :flushed:)
So I will be fitting it in the next few days.
Iā€™ve also managed to get my iRig working so I should be able to get a before and after comparison

5 Likes

nice, good luck with everything.

3 Likes

Cool! Iā€™m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to hear the reportā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I love the concept

2 Likes