Zoom app

Hey all, I have used this online web tool in the past. Someone could gather time zones? Meeting Planner – Find best time across Time Zones

3 Likes

I set it up so that the voter needs to figure out what time theirs is in relation to GMT.

Votes should not be based on your time zone, it is what time yours is, calculated to GMT.

For me, PDT, -9
12am to 3am is in my time zone, 3pm to 6pm.

Those are good times for me, so I selected 12am to 3am GMT. NOT. 3pm to 6pm

Also, I voted for 5 of the time slots, I am flexible.

2 Likes

Hey @T_dub , @Mac,
I am with Mac we are both in Melbourne
It’s 7.30 pm here at the moment Sunday night
2.30 am Sunday morning Los Angeles
10.30 am Sunday morning London

2 Likes

Apologies, I disappeared for a bit. Practice time.
Scale mode progressions , website scales, and more scale mode progressions. Plus some RATM slapping

I can work with that.
If it were pushed back an hour, that would work.

I think a good goal is to have something set up for next weekend at an agreed upon time.

I am free pretty mich 24/7, but I know there are those that have a work week to conform to, and others a sleep schedule they like to incorporate, and on top of that there are some real self righteous SOB’s in the world that like to do both. What a shame Tsk Tsk :rage:

I do none of the 3 for the time being, so I am happy to leave it up to the group, and I will adjust my lack of schedule to fit.

Of course, it can be sooner then the weekend, and it can be sooner then the weekend if we can put something together.

Btw, Melbourne, Is that same as Sydney? Or one-2 hours behind? Is itWestern Az, Central, or eastern like Syd?

1 Like

I voted no, simply because I keep the camera on my laptop disabled for privacy reasons, not to mention it’s facing the opposite direction from where I practice.

I’m also not completely onboard with the Zoom / camera concept. Most of the time that I’m on the laptop I’m not presentable (IE: not dressed) :rofl:

6 Likes

You could log on on a phone or tablet? Would love to have you.

You can do audio only as well

3 Likes

Thanks, but really not my cuppa tea…

4 Likes

Personally not interested in joining but interested in how it goes so if one of you could write up a short summary about the experience afterwards I would appreciate that.

4 Likes

Ditto @juli0r

2 Likes

Hey @T_dub, fancy selling this merch idea to the Zoom crowd? You came up with the phrase, so I’ll cut you into the deal if you want to be partners? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Are they available in orange?
I would avoid red baseball caps with white font in order to avoid confusion with a certain political merch item.

3 Likes

I’d be keen but more to watch and learn.
I’m not good enough or confident enough to jam as much as I’d like to.
But you never know.
Time zones will be an issue for many of us.
I’m in Australia so it could be difficult.
Great idea though.
Well done for thinking of it.

3 Likes

There you go @juli0r

We could always do you one in red with ‘Making Bass Great Again!’ ?
:grin:

5 Likes

Bass is, has been and always will be great so I can’t wear such a message. It would be a contradiction to reality.

4 Likes

Ditto for me.
I’m in Melbourne

3 Likes

Same as Sydney

2 Likes

Pam you are one of the most prolific contributors so you’re attendance would be really looked forward to by most of us.
Please reconsider.

5 Likes

That’s very nice of you to say.
I might jump in once it gets going.

6 Likes

Good on ya!
Even a guest appearance would be nice.

2 Likes

Yes, you will be missed if you don’t at east CALLin and say Hi, if nothing else.

And here is a little PSA.

ALL ZOOM MEETINGS CAN BE ACCESSED FRO A PHONE ON DIAL UP.
IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SEEN, OR IFYOU DONT TRUSE COMPUTER CAMS, OR IF FOR WHATEVER REASON, YOU WI ONLY JOIN ON A DIAL IN PHONE LINE, OR CELL PHONE, NO PROBLEM.

When the zoom meeting is created, there will be two numbers, ne for zoom meeting video, anotherfor dialin.
And instructions for each.

6 Likes