Zoom app

I’d like to see a recording of your first get-together so I can see what it’s like.

3 Likes

Make the world Bass again!

4 Likes

The idea sounds cool.

However, for any of you that have computers, good internet, headphones, a mic, and an audio interface then I would recommend JamKazam over Zoom. Lots of musicians, less latency issues, and designed for playing in real time.

You’ll get to check out another great community. It’s free software. A little buggy, but getting better all the time.

Setup can be a PITA but there’s a Facebook community and forum. You get real tones, and vocals, and cameras can be on/off.

Check it out for the future. You can easily find me over there too. Same name, and avatar.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation @Moose_Hofer.
Is there an iOS app by chance? I only have an Ipad, but I have the rest of the stuff you mentioned, I can play my bass thru my Ipad, and when I learn more about GB, I will be able to record in it.

1 Like

Sorry, I kind of got swamped with things this past week. I am still looking forward to this, and hope others still are. I know the world is slowly opening back up, and might make time harder on some, but for the most part, I am unaffected, and usually available.
The part I have a little trouble with is being consistent in my days / times on here, so organizing it is a challenge.

Can a couple others volunteer to help me to organize this, and help in coming up with a few days times we can do this?
Even if only to keep this thread going so it doesn’t get forgotten by all while waiting for it to be set up, which thus far is my bad, sorry.

Thoughts, ideas helpful and welcome.

1 Like

That’s a downside no IOS. I too have and use the iPad for most everything, but for JK the laptop comes out. PC and Mac both work. They say a Linux version is coming, but since COVID-19 the number of users just keeps growing, and it’s only a couple of guys running JK.

2 Likes

@T_dub Are you sure you’re -9? PDT would be -7, I believe. Wouldn’t normally correct that for a random post, except that not having the correct time would possibly make you show up two hours early for the first session. Just noticed it because I was reading backward through the thread to see what it was all about.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning it. I actually don’t know. When I was looking up timezones, the site said I was -9, based on gps tracker I would suspect.
If it was wrong, possibly It was going off of somewhere I was routed to.

So, yes, I am Pacific. I had thought it was PDT for normal time, and PST for daylight savings.

Well, there is no more time changing in the states, so I am assuming that it is PDT only now.

So if PDT is -7, that’s what I am.

Honestly, it probably doesn’t change anythinf about the times I selected, I am very very flexible%

1 Like

Hey @T_dub hows this Zoom thing going? I’m curious.

I ordered a new HP laptop for Sara, and when it gets here I’m going to take her current laptop into my bass room and use it exclusively for Reaper and other music related functions. I may enable the camera on that laptop and give this Zoom thing a try.

I just have to remember not to practice in my undies. :bikini:

5 Likes

I have been speeding a lot of my extra time with my daughter, since it’s just been 3 weeks since she has been out of all her hospitals and rehab places, and now has her prosthetic that I have not been able to focus much attention to this.
I am still very interested in doing it, I may need help from a few people to help keeping it going, and finally get it to happen. Otherwise, it could still be a little while. Not never, but may take a few weeks if left completely up to me.

5 Likes

Hi @T_dub,
The family are here to help you bro :+1:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Really hope all is progressing well with your daughter, wish you both well @T_dub

3 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs,
I see an alternative method in your madness?
Buy Sara a New PC and acquire a great pc for your musical aspirations.
I’m onto you :thinking:
You have a serious GAS problem.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Oh and you can keep your undies on :grinning::rofl:
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Best wishes to you and your daughter @t_dub. Family comes first, of course.

3 Likes

Thanks all. It’s been great. She does what to get out as much as possible since she was stuck inside, and in beds and chairs all the time, and now that she can, she is on overload. Overloading my circuits. Lol
I have been worn out. Between her and playing / practice, I have been booked full.

But it’s great, and I am grateful for it all too.

It will slow down after a bit, but it’s only been like 18 days so far.

6 Likes

Good to here she’s doing well and driving a Dad nuts @T_dub
As the others have said family first and the Zoom thing is going to happen. None of us are going anywhere and it gives us all a bit more practice time too

4 Likes

You’re on to me @TNKA36 LOL

3 Likes

Okay folks, @T_dub and I did a test run of this concept of a Zoom get together, and it turned into a very fun hour and a half chat. Yes, I’m the one who was adamantly opposed to the idea, but now I am totally behind it. Let’s do it! I’ll even be one of the hosts.
Here’s a short clip of our meeting. Please forgive my raspy voice. After all that radiation bombarding my vocal cords during throat cancer treatments, I’m lucky to have a voice at all.

8 Likes

Yeah, it was so fun, we chatted for 90 min.
I was quite surprised when I saw the time after getting off the meeting, wow how time flew.

@PamPurrs had a great idea about having multiple hosts in multiple Quadra spheres, so that there can be givin times for different sides of the globe.
Of course, anybody from any place could join any or all the groups, but this would make it more available to those who have tight schedules.

6 Likes