Zoom effects processors

I never plugged phones into mine, so I can’t help you.

4 Likes

I’ll give them a try in my B1four today @eric.kiser

4 Likes

New Boss multieffects box out. Has reamping built in, really nice input and output options and flexibility.

4 Likes

Oh damn, that has to be a pretty penny.
I am off to read about them, the RC-5 alone is gonna be spendy I am sure, RC-3 is $100

3 Likes

Holy crap
24 simultaneous effects.
This is a pedalboard.
If it has every Boss pedal made, this is a goldmine. As long as you get all revisions of the pedals, so like you can have the RV-3 and the OC-2, that would be sweet.
If it has an effects loop, so you can add any new pedals they release afterwards, then it is pretty much all you would ever need.

Not that I am gonna sell off my pedals and get this, but WOW, the possibilities, it could be REALLY fun, once they get all the kinks ironed out, in a few years.

Yep, not one, but two FX loops, full midi control, IR loading, there is a damn lot you can do here.

2 Likes

It’s basically a smaller version of this:

Kind of illustrates the gap between the entry level units (Zoom, Boss GT-1B, etc) and the next level (this thing, Line 6 Helix, etc).

4 Likes

Yeah, it seems very well designed, so you can run it with everything you already have, and or would want to add.
Instead of deciding between a multi FX unit and a pedalboard, its like you can start with this and still build the ultimate pedalboard around it.
Sure, you can do that with most of the multi fx units, but there is more of a trade off, and then you can use them in limited function on a pedalboard, or use pedals in limited function with the big unit.
This seems to just fill the gaps that others may have not yet been able to do.
Still not getting one, but if I were a touring pro, and had a full show to coordinate, I could see this being very useful.

5 Likes

yeah I would definitely prefer that form factor over the original, for just that reason.

5 Likes

Plus, all things considered, $699 is pretty reasonable. once they hit used market, maybe $450 or so? not a huge chunk when you consider all it can do.

3 Likes

How is the envelope filter on the zoom?

2 Likes

Where do you guys put your Zoom B1 Fours?

Recently my practice space turned more and more into a really creative corner of the house.

With the recent introduction to online jamming I am trying to set my gear accordingly.

For me the most useful functions on Zoom B1 Four has been:
-Tuner
-Drum machine
-looper
-mixer(kinda with the aux input)

I couldn’t get much into the effects other then one time I learned hysteria-Muse and recently trying out compression effects.

Since I got my amp I go
bass - >Zoom B1F - >amp(preamp part) - >mixer (adding mic here) - > audio interface

But I have been thinking if I put the Zoom B1 four after the mixer (very unorthodox) I could benefit most of the features I rely on (drum machine, tuner, looper) and I could loop my mic as well! Also finally the drum machine won’t be amplified for nothing…

I am not so sure about the effects at this point and output of Zoom B1 is either mono or stereo and not balanced.

Also it would be on my desk which is great for knobs but not so much for looping (pressing a pedal with my hand)

There is also the send/return of my amp which I haven’t considered…

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Hello

I have noticed recently that the tuner on Zoom B1 Four is quite off in reference to my Korg TM60. It shows all the way flat after I tune perfectly with Korg.

I don’t have any third physical tuner to confirm this but the online tuner and BOSS Tuner App on my phone (both fed through my audio interface and not the microphone) agrees with TM60.

That is a free extra Feature of Zoom B1 Four of course. Maybe it was not meant to be super reliable.

What is your experience on the subject?

EDIT FOR SOLUTION: On Zoom B 1 Four when you go into the Tuner mode the most right knob changes the reference frequency for Center A note. Most common setting for that is A=440Hz… If you also had a problem like mine make sure to check that out… I have found mine at 445Hz causing the problem referred above.

6 Likes

check and make sure they are all on A=440 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this exactly. If you turned any dials while in tuner mode, you may have changed it to something else.
Or
It may have shipped not set properly.

1 Like

What @howard said. I also have both a Korg TM60 and a B1Four, but have gotten in the habit of using the B1Four for tuning since I’m always already connected to it.

A few days ago I was playing to backing tracks and something was just not right. A little investigation and I discovered that somehow the A reference had been switched to 442! I switched it back to 440 and life is good again.

3 Likes

Great tip! I will check that as soon as I get home…

With both of my little ones being so attracted to knobs pedals and moving lights I can easily imagine how that might have happened!

5 Likes

Yep. Been there, done that :blush:

1 Like

@PeteP

If I missed any answers, apologies. However, if you want to breathe new life into this Mac change the hard drive for an SSD drive as large as possible. 250GB at least, 540’s better. I have a 2011 Macbook Pro running High Sierra, and garage band does just fine. I upgraded the memory to 8 (from the original 2) but the real difference was when I changed out the disk for an SSD.

Oh, and you should never let the disk go below 25% empty. MacOS paginates like mad, and because SSD disks are almost as fast as ram, a big chunk of empty space on an SSD drive is in essence 60 GB of RAM.

3 Likes

The tuner is was one of the many features of the Zoom Effect Processors I owned which I never used. I recall these many unused features as the main reason I sold my second Zoom and switched to individual pedals on a board.
HOWEVER, I will concede that I have probably spent 3x or more as much money on developing my pedalboard than I did on the MEP.

5 Likes

I just received my B1X Four and just wanted people to be aware that it DOES NOT come with a power supply (other than 4 AA batteries) or more importantly a USB Micro cable which you will need to connect it to your computer to use Tonelib.

7 Likes