16 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(Not everyone will get that)

5 Likes

Is a Karen a soley American thing?
I know it is a very American thing.
Any of our friends from other countries know what a “Karen” is?

6 Likes

Yeah I think the Karen jokes are pretty much American.

4 Likes

I think Karen jokes are a fairly new occurrence in the US also.

6 Likes

America should be so proud…another thing we are first and best at…Karens

6 Likes

Karens are timeless; it’s only recently they are getting the public ridicule they deserve.

7 Likes

But it is sad for those who are actually named Karen (not me, but I know at least one who does not fit the current stereotype for her name).

8 Likes

Especially since you absolutely don’t need to be female to be a Karen.

6 Likes

What the hell is a Karen? I never heard it, but it is obviously a slur, like calling somebody a ginger I am guessing.
I don’t know any women named Karen either, so.

5 Likes

Karen even has its own wikipedia page now. :rofl:

Karen is a pejorative term for a woman seeming to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term also refers to memes depicting white women who use their privilege to demand their own way.[1][2] Depictions also may include demanding to “speak to the manager”, being racist or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.[3] The term has been criticized for being sexist, ageist, misogynistic, or seeking to control female behavior.[3] As of 2020, the term was increasingly being used in media and on social media as a general-purpose term for middle class white women, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic and Black Lives Matter protests.[1] The term has also been applied to male behavior.[3][4] The Guardian called 2020 “the year of Karen”.[5]

8 Likes

Yeah unless you apply it to men too, it’s definitely sexist and misogynistic. So lots of people are using the term “Ken” for the male Karen.

3 Likes

I have heard people refer to men like that as BRAD’s, unless that is something different, but it seems to fit the same definition.

Edit: NVM, guess its a little different.

Brad

A self-centered douche.

That guy is such a Brad.

2 Likes

Pretty close actually :slight_smile:

Being a Brad is probably a necessary precondition for being a Ken.

3 Likes

Well, I do know, but I’m quite into some internet meme subcultures… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

People are making fun of Karens too. I don’t live in the US but you have Karens everywhere, trust me. :slight_smile: During covid we have seen a lot of new Karens in the media.

4 Likes

Well, of course, its the media, they live to cover Karen’s and Brad’s and every other asshole in the US. They seldom do stories about the other half of Americans that are sane and down to earth and really cool.

Ok, 1/2 might be a little high, maybe 1/3 of the population is cool.

6 Likes

Well, her delivery sucked, and she is whacked out of her mind, and batshit crazy, but on the other hand, the words, the message, not so much of a joke, and kind of accurate if used in the right context.
But thats all I am gonna say, this is not a political debate.

1 Like