A little music related fun

It’s not about the message. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But you don’t have to act like a raving lunatic to express yourself. That’s a Karen to me. :wink:

2 Likes

I believe the moniker arose from a video that went viral with a woman named Karen something or other who called the police because there was a black man in the park that she thought should be only for entitled white folks such as herself. She was seen on the video screaming hysterically at the police when they refused to do anything about it. That’s my vague recollection of it. I wish I could remember the name of the video.
Ever since then, anyone who screams and complains hysterically about something is called a Karen.
True story: a close (former) friend of mine unfriended me because of my use of Karen memes.

P.S. My homeowners association is staffed by a passel of Karens.

4 Likes

That Karen became upset because a black man asked her to put her dog on a leash while she was in the park. She was having none of it.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the one, thanks.

2 Likes

I’m still wondering who the “original” Karen was.

2 Likes

I found this and it may shed some light on its origin.

3 Likes

Cool video. Had no idea all the history.

I live in Westchester, NY.
A lot of white, wealthy, Real Housewives wanna bes who always seem to need the manager.
They breed Karens here on purpose.

7 Likes

We have them in Australia as well.
Seems they are expanding across the globe :joy: :rofl: :joy:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

13 Likes

Was this person named Karen?

Yeah, I can see this trait in HOA people.

Thanks for explaining where it came from.

3 Likes

Yes, her name is Karen. I guess I should have mentioned that.

3 Likes

15 Likes
5 Likes

Someone posted this on Ari Cap’s Facebook page this morning. I found it somewhat offensive, and somewhat amusing. I’m not sure how to take this exactly.

2 Likes

I like dark humor but this is a bit too retarded for my taste. Not judging

3 Likes

Same here, except I AM judging lol

3 Likes

Meh. I found it funny. Not sure how it can be offensive, but, to each their own…

4 Likes

9 Likes

I’m not easily offended, but I found this offensive for reasons you will never understand. However, as you say, to each their own.

Thanks for contributing to the Music Related Fun thread… :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

It’s McSweeney’s. A true treasure of the internet. Maybe not for everyone but definitely one of my long-time favorite sites for writing.

3 Likes