A little music related fun

Not sure… but it seems to be a trend to bury all kind of stuff in tons of epoxy and then shape it into something recognizable :smile:

I was actually fast-forwarding a bit through that video… did someone catch where the pickups are?? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a piezo (mentions it at 11:00)

it is in fact the epoxy dude

2 Likes

Thanks!

I am so behind on knowing my YT personalities… :sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

That looks a lot like mine.

I’ll check this theory and get back to you. :wink:

7 Likes

Probably won’t work on the Missus. She’s likely seen your… Les Paul a number of times.

2 Likes

Well all right, but if I get caught you told me to do it! :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think the theory is for the Missus, it’s for the mistrusses

4 Likes

How far hit songs have traveled since Marconi started to fiddle around with radio transmission. Great website if someone doesn’t know it.

4 Likes

Babymetal, in a game trailer…actually looks good, and ireverent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfcDN-Yewh8

1 Like

My favorite game series. The Tiny Tina expansion for BL2 was one of the best moments in gaming history, and this is building on that. Should be amazing.

Not just Babymetal, but the original, old-school Babymetal too :slight_smile:

(I think Gimme Chocolate was their first big hit?)

1 Like

Yes and no. Doki Doki Morning went viral and Metal Injection had it on its 2011 10 best videos, but that was on the gimmick.

Gimi Choco was their first hit and crossover into the mainstream.

If the game is like the trailer, the whole vibe looks fun. May have to dust off my PS4.

1 Like

The whole series has a very distinctive vibe and sense of humor. I recommend starting with Borderlands 2, it’s really cheap now for the whole package and all the DLC. The first game is just a little too rough around the edges for people hopping in today, but 2 is a masterpiece. 3 will make a ton more sense and emotional impact if you play 2 first.

1 Like

I actually played Borderlands (first one). Still love the song from it (Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked).

1 Like

Yeah, The Heavy do a few of their theme songs. Some cool musical tie-ins in all the games.

BL1 was great, especially the last DLC.

1 Like

Bl2 and all DLCs and expansions are $18.49. That’s almost a set of strings for Pete’s sake

2 Likes

Just saw this on Facebook, best old guy band name/slogan EVER

10 Likes

I had to look up “Americana” and I still don’t understand what it is. Can anybody provide some examples?

1 Like

As far as Americana music, the Wikipedia page for it gives these examples:

While acoustic instruments are often present and vital, Americana also often uses a full electric band. "Some songs of the 19th century are, for example, “Oh! Susanna”, “John Henry” and “Camptown Races” some 20th Century songs are “Casey Jones” and “You Are My Sunshine”.

It’s music of several genres (roots music) from an idealized time in American history, supposedly. But apparently it also has a more modern meaning:
There’s this explanation, found on the Wayback Machine, and another page which gives this definition:

What is Americana Music?

Americana is contemporary music that incorporates elements of various American roots music styles, including country, roots-rock, folk, bluegrass, R&B and blues, resulting in a distinctive roots-oriented sound that lives in a world apart from the pure forms of the genres upon which it may draw. While acoustic instruments are often present and vital, Americana also often uses a full electric band.

Examples are given in the latter two links.

3 Likes

In the widest sense it means “all things American”, but usually refers to a certain way of life we typically connect with the US - be that related to food, music, cars, movies, …

At least, that is how I understand it :smile:

3 Likes

Americana has another nickname, Dad Rock, which explains it well.

2 Likes