A little music related fun

Mina, bassist of Girlfriend until they disbanded, having some fun

5 Likes

I had to check to see if my playback speed was still set to ‘Normal’.

1 Like

Is that where she’s from? Cool. She’s really good, I’ve seen her all over the place.

1 Like

Here’s the tik tok version.

She is just 20 or 21; she got really good really young because GF was around a few years. I like watching her fretwork as she has small hands.

And that is an expensive bass

1 Like

So many young people here that are just ridiculously talented. Shopping can be humbling; you’ll be sitting there noodling on a bass, and then it’s their turn :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am not familiar with that character, can you post a picture for reference?

1 Like

I love everything about Les Paul, except the most important thing.
I HATE to play them, but I will give Les Paul and Gibson one thing over Fender, and it is that the Les Paul is a much better looking instrument then a Strat or Tele. And this is coming from a HUGE Tele fan.

Its too bad Les Paul never made a bass worth a shit (that I know of, IMO).

2 Likes

That bass, the whole build video was incredible. I was highly impressed with his skills, and it even sounded pretty good. I think it was a bit on the heavy side however, probably because he used a wood core for strength, but even then, it probably would have been heavy.
I love the matching headstock on that bass. (IIRC, I think he made a matching one)

3 Likes

He has made a lot of interesting basses. Multiple ones with colored pencils, with different designs, using them horizontally, vertically, and did a reggae job as well. he did a bass out of coffee beans, and a river pour with epoxy on each end, and a river thru the center where the electronics go, up to the neck.

Speaking of that, Chrismson guitars (another YT Luthier) did a gold leaf river pour that turned out really cool, he even tried to pour the river in the headstock, but It didn’t come our the way he wanted to, but was still pretty epic otherwise.

Here is video one of 5. It is a long build and a long process. I would have done things a bit different, but watching him work with the extremely thin gold flake was really amazing.

That is fantatic Pam, cancer free, still, and forever I hope. And as a bonus, you got to stand next to the coolest guitar ever, the design is epic, but the color, yes, that is the best one possible

7 Likes

Gretsch Junior Jets look relatively close:

but yeah, not the same.

6 Likes

They do look close, and I do like them very much, but yeah, not exactly the same. I could see owning one some day.

But nw that I just got two more basses, when I am supposed to be getting rid of basses, that makes it a little harder.

Of course, I got these basses for such a steal, that 1, I can have some fun, clean them up, put some new strings on them, and set them up to my liking, and play with them for a bit, but 2, two, I will be able to easily make a good profit on both of them, and should easily double my money (on purchase price). I may have some fun with the P bass and put on on all black hardware, tuners, bridge, knobs, and even go with some EMG Geezer pick ups, or possibly just some SD 1/4lbrs.
I will have fun with it, but in the end, should be able to get a profit off it, since I got it for so damn cheap.
He thought it was an affinity P bass, and in fact it was a discontinued color Classic Vibe P, with retail of $479 these days. I paid $140, so, yeah, ho do you not buy that.

The Ibanez, I just fell in love with that SRX model at AB music, and when I found one for under $200, in MINT condition, I can play with this one and the ell it for a good profit, double, or possibly more.

This one, I won’t be costuming out, just new strings and set up. Play with it and have a blast, but then list it and see if I can get a good ROI. If I go Reverb, I may even get $550-$600 for it, on offer up, maybe $400.
In reality, anything over $250 will get me my money back, pay for the strings, and have let me play with my favorite Ibanez I have found to date.
So, yeah, IDK what got into me, but I am now two basses heavier then I was two days ago.
For those of you that think this ever stops, just keep telling yourself that.

2 Likes

5 Likes

You might be due for another eye examination. I think optometrist’s recommend them annually :wink:

2 Likes

Yep, you’ll fit right in in the Carolinas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

20 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

17 Likes

16 Likes

I’ll just leave this here …

15 Likes

Cool! But does it have an AUX IN and a headphone output? I wanna use it for silent practice too…

9 Likes