And so the cull begins

cant try unless you ask.
Some folks are just looking for quick money and others know it and troll.

1 Like

The Franken P departed tonight leaving me one more to sell.
Buyer was getting it for Christmas for his nephew so I chucked a few extras in including a couple of cheap pedals I got early on .
Hopefully he’ll stick at it and be famous one day

3 Likes

Nice of you!

2 Likes

They’ve been sat in a draw @howard so no great loss to me . Hopefully he’ll have some fun with them

3 Likes

And so it continues!
My German made Warwick Corvette went to its new home an hour ago. Again it was just sat gathering dust and really deserved to be played a lot more so away it went.
The new owner is a complete beginner but was guided towards a Warwick by his best mate. He has also been given the link to sign up for the B2B course so hopefully he might join us here soon :wink:

5 Likes

Making room for a P Bass? :wink:

2 Likes

Had one and swapped it for a Warwick RB Streamer @Barney .
Don’t get me wrong it was a good bass but I never really gelled with it 100%.
It was right at the beginning of my journey and I was swapping and changing a lot

2 Likes

Another one gone !
The Flying V kit I built a while ago went to it’s new home tonight. Funnily enough it was the same guy that bought the 5er I built ages ago.

2 Likes

Play one. I’ve never regretted mine. They are smooth like silk and deadly mean low end. Both of mine have 35 hz pickups. That’s down in that sub-audible range. The kind of bass that shakes your teeth.

3 Likes

IS that a EMG 35 HZ? 35 is the size of the soapbar (35mm), and HZ is their passive pickup. Good pickup

1 Like

Yes, they run quite hot. I like it.

Nice one Mac, I also sold 2 of my active basses.

2 Likes

Awesome @Paul
I just need someone to buy a couple of the Rock Basses I’ve listed and that’ll be that

3 Likes

Finally I managed to offload one of my Rock Basses ( and my short scale SX) but what a drama it’s turned into!
The buyer was great, money into my PayPal very quickly after I accepted her offer but it was all downhill after that.
When I went to withdraw the money I found my account was temporarily restricted pending me submitting 4 pieces of information including receipt for postage.
So the following day its all done and 2 seconds after the last submission I received a message to say that my recent activity had breeched PayPal policy and that my account was permanently restricted preventing me from continuing to conduct any transactions on PayPal!
Not only that I would not be able to withdraw the balance of my account for 180 days!!!
So I rang them and apparently its a problem that frequently occurs in regards to Reverb transactions?
So I’m now waiting up to 48 hours for the matter to be resolved. Fingers crossed that this will be the end of it.
Meanwhile the bass is on its way to its new home, I’m $100 out of pocket for the postage and PayPal has my payment

5 Likes

Wow, that really sucks, man. So sorry to hear this. I hope it gets resolved soon.

4 Likes

I really don’t want to like this post because I don’t like it at all. That’s crazy.

3 Likes

That sucks, hope it gets sorted soon Mac.
Did they give any indication what it was about the reverb transaction that triggered this?

2 Likes

Thank you @MikeC and @Wombat-metal

The only explanation I was given from PayPal was that it’s something they’re seeing more often recently @HowlinDawg

All I can think is it’s some sort of glitch in PayPals transaction review software?
The PayPal did attempt to explain to me that they’re not the bad guys in this but if they’re not, who is?

4 Likes

Maybe there have been a lot of buyers protection claims towards reverb?

6 Likes

Possibly? I hadn’t thought of that @howard

1 Like